Stoke City vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/12 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

bowlingcrofty

We're going to get bummed, aren't we?

Relentlessly.

... in the face.

Two awful teams.  Stoke may have been mostly scraping 1-0s but our defensive frailties are going to get badly exposed here.  If Patrice Evra can score a headed goal against us then thier team of giants are going the enjoy themselves.

Lots - Nil.

Stoke away ... the gods can be so cruel.

This will truly be an emasculating experience for a team that is currently devoid of all confidence.

They will score from at least three of their set pieces. I am actually going to put money on this. Might as well benefit in some way.

We could have messi playing for all that matters, if you can't pass 5 yards to him and control the play it doesn't matter who's in the starting 11. Confidence is well and truly shot, players must take responsibility but also pardew has made some questionable decisions

If Obertan is back:

Santon - Williamson - Colo - Jonas

Tiote - Perch

Anita

Obertan - Ba - Fergie/Sammy/Marveaux (rock - paper - scissors to decide)

Might make a difference having only 1 defender who treats the ball like a recently-unpinned hand grenade.

This is the first game of this season where I have next to no hope of us winning (and some attention seeking mug can tell me I'm over reacting if they want), I was worried for yesterday but thought the quality in the side would at least be enough to turn in a decent performance, it was somehow worse than the 2 which preceded it though.

Stranger things have happened though, I just hope Stoke have a howler.

Good. Last season we usually won when this forum were mostly expecting a draw or loss. This season most people have been expecting wins.

Just sayin...

Normally i would agree cunt, but i expected losses against West Ham, Swansea and Southampton, just saying..

But i hope you're right this time mate!

The relief if we won would be something else. Cos right now i can't see beyond anything other than a defeat.

Like i said in yesterday's match thread - one of the most worrying things was that their first goal didn't galvanise us. Alright, we never win from behind, but we do tend to show a decent bit of fighting spirit (Everton (a), for eg). Yesterday we just utterly deflated as soon as they scored; HT didn't even bring any respite. That has made me question the mentality of the players (again), and on top of that, i can sort of agree with those who are speculating that he may be losing the dressing room. It seems impossible to comprehend after the 2012 we've had, and how the players have all lavished him with praise in the past, but yesterday smacked of disharmony between coach and players.

Praying to God that it's just a severe, severe blip - i really am seriously down in the dumps after yesterday. The next two games are absolutely massive; four points should be the minimum really. Whilst i think the 'Pardew Out' thread is premature, two more defeats here and it'd be difficult to argue against.

Guest malandro

Anyone predicting a win?  Need some positive vibes in here. :lol:

Go on then.

Stoke are the kind of team you want to play when your team is struggling to string one pass together. They don't retain possession very well so you get lots of the ball and the game can be won through shear endeavour. You don't have to play well. Just work hard and hope the percentages go your way.

Normally i would agree c***

Not sure if that's on purpose? Either way: :lol: :lol:

I read his nick and just replied without thinking of how bad it sounded until afterwards  :lol:

Sorry Conjo if i offended you :) I hope you didn't get all wet.