Coast Road Crash

Joe Dynamite

Has anybody heard anything about this? It's all over my facebook and twitter. Apparently a young lad has died in a crash and the other driver has done a runner. Coast road from Silverlink down to Tesco garage is shut.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2012/11/27/police-dealing-with-a-serious-crash-on-the-coast-road-near-wallsend-72703-32319719/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not that Billy Mill round about is much better, especially from the coast road on to it. Tighter than a Nuns proverbial round there.

despise it if your giving way to the coast road. used to hit it daily when living there, avoid as much as poss now im down rake lane, 

think there was another accident on or near billy mill roundabout this morning I was working in regents tce, and the traffic backed up down QA rd, there wer epolice cars and ambulance. :(

Guest icemanblue

Awful, man. It says only one car was 'involved' in the crash, so I guess he was cut up or something. Makes my blood boil seeing people driving like utter pricks, when this is an all to common outcome.

I heard about it at college today. It's a terrible shame, people don't learn though. Lots of people don't value their own lives and thats fair enough but when you are driving a car you risk not only your own life but others as this has shown. R.I.P. to the victim and thoughts go out to his family.

There is a lad at work who tools his car about and brags about it, despite previously being banned as well. It pisses me right off seeing him speeding down a street in the middle of a town with pedestrians crossing the road with kids about.

I can echo the view of that being a bad junction coming off onto Norham road, the opposite is no better either.

The junction off Norham Road is just ridiculously placed, don't get why anyone would ever think that was a good idea.

The coast road coming towards Billy Mill is a deceptively fast road and more people should treat it with the caution it needs.

The junction off Norham Road is just ridiculously placed, don't get why anyone would ever think that was a good idea.

The coast road coming towards Billy Mill is a deceptively fast road and more people should treat it with the caution it needs.

whenever I walk or bike it, the speeds towards a roundabout look ridiculous, probs do it myself when driving.

My Shanghai between Norham road and Billy Mill just shouldn't have a car park there, visibility is zero, it's going to lead to a very serious accident.

My Shanghai between Norham road and Billy Mill just shouldn't have a car park there, visibility is zero, it's going to lead to a very serious accident.

taxi poked half way out on me a couple weeks ago , tho i was slowing for roundabout... 30+ easy maybe 40. theres loads of access round back- its madness.

The Coast Rd should have been dropped to 50mph years ago. The Silverlink slip roads are a fucking nightmare to deal with at busy times. There always accidents on the approach to Billy Mill Roundabout - usually multi car.

The council need to seriously consider dropping the speed limit and make it 50 from start to finish and back it up with cameras.

The Coast Rd should have been dropped to 50mph years ago. The Silverlink slip roads are a fucking nightmare to deal with at busy times. There always accidents on the approach to Billy Mill Roundabout - usually multi car.

The council need to seriously consider dropping the speed limit and make it 50 from start to finish and back it up with cameras.

toatlly agree re- 50.  also think norham rd juntion should have lights and be set up like benfield rd. with pedestian crossings also.

I don't like speed camera's, mostly just around to make money off motorists. They cause more crashes by people slowing down to avoid being caught, average speed camera's should be used instead of speed camera's.

By the way correct me if I'm wrong but has anyone noticed that there are no permanent speed camera's in North Tyneside?, the ones on the coast road are in Newcastle city council authority area.

toatlly agree re- 50.  also think norham rd juntion should have lights and be set up like benfield rd. with pedestian crossings also.

Tesco offered to foot the bill for installing the lights on the Coast Rd exit when they installed the lights just down from the junction. NT Council refused their offer.

I don't like speed camera's, mostly just around to make money off motorists. They cause more crashes by people slowing down to avoid being caught, average speed camera's should be used instead of speed camera's.

Cameras only placed at point of previous fatality!!...I went on a "Driving awareness" prog. to avoid points...very good course....only half are ever "on"....no money really made. 

Guest neesy111

Cameras only placed at point of previous fatality!!...I went on a "Driving awareness" prog. to avoid points...very good course....only half are ever "on"....no money really made. 

Money goes straight to the government not to local councils which is wrong.