Subbuteo+other games+ Cajuns popular football game

cp40

do they still make/ sell this anywhere?  seen some on Ebay.  loved it as a kid, but my younger brother cheated and broke all my players the little gimp.

Anybody else play it?

fancied getting my kid some, getting back into playing it.

I'm sure Yorkie was World Subbuteo Champion or something at one point. :lol:

seriously?  ???

I think "or something" is probably closer to reality, but he definitely played in something like the Subbuteo World Cup.

I'm sure Yorkie was World Subbuteo Champion or something at one point. :lol:

seriously?  ???

I think "or something" is probably closer to reality, but he definitely played in something like the Subbuteo World Cup.

Canny.

is he about?

come on Yorkie share your story- show us yr medals.

Guest pintofscottsellers

I remember getting subbuteo as a kid like, it was pretty shit iirc, I had my pitch glued onto a piece of wood my fatha got from graft, then a few months later i smashed me nanas window so he used the board to board the window up until it got fixed :lol:.

I remember getting subbuteo as a kid like, it was pretty shit iirc, I had my pitch glued onto a piece of wood my fatha got from graft, then a few months later i smashed me nanas window so he used the board to board the window up until it got fixed :lol:.

:lol: Did he leave the pitch on it?

I was England captain and National Champion at Under-15 and Under-19 levels. Oddly enough, i've literally just got home from filming part of a documentary about the game too (for uni). Taken me by surprise, has this thread.

My Dad's the leading manufacturer of equipment in England: www.stefancorda.co.uk. Before he brought out a new figure, Hasbro pretty much ran the show but the style was a bit pants.

EDIT: Oh and i don't reckon this site has enough bandwith to display a picture containing all my medals. :razz:

I used to like this when I was little, but more for the setting it out, getting teams and shit. Found the actual game really boring, I'd just dribble about. My dad refused to play with me though after I sent two of his players off for fighting when he went to the toilet - I was only 7 or 8, the miserable bastard :lol:

I used to like this when I was little, but more for the setting it out, getting teams and s***. Found the actual game really boring, I'd just dribble about. My dad refused to play with me though after I sent two of his players off for fighting when he went to the toilet - I was only 7 or 8, the miserable b****** :lol:

:lol: :lol:

wtf yorkie, that's class :thup:

:lol: This!  Really impressed.

I bloody loved Subbuteo as a kid, sort of played it on my own most of the time though.  Had a little league going, tried to play it impartially so Aston Villa ended up winning the league with Dean Saunders scoring an absolute shitload.  Had an astroturf pitch, it was class.  Think I had stands, floodlights, etc, as well. :lol:

:laugh: Cheers.

Like i say - really bizarre coincidence for this thread to have popped up. Been in Wakefield all day today filming a Subbuteo tournament for my final practical project. It's a (roughly) ten-minute documentary about 'alternatives' to football, and a light-hearted investigation into the transition from these old-school games into the computer age (Subbuteo/Foosball vs FIFA/Footy Manager, basically).

I'll stick it up in here when it's done. I reckon a few might find it quite interesting.

I was England captain and National Champion at Under-15 and Under-19 levels. Oddly enough, i've literally just got home from filming part of a documentary about the game too (for uni). Taken me by surprise, has this thread.

My Dad's the leading manufacturer of equipment in England: www.stefancorda.co.uk. Before he brought out a new figure, Hasbro pretty much ran the show but the style was a bit pants.

EDIT: Oh and i don't reckon this site has enough bandwith to display a picture containing all my medals. :razz:

:thup:

bet the pussy was fantastic

It actually was; my first tournament abroad was Amsterdam when i was 13. Me Dad didn't go so i was left in the capable hands of a bunch of repressed, plastic-flicking, tit-hungry blokes. Was an eye-opener of a weekend.