Roberto Martinez

Minhosa

Results speak for themselves. Managed to keep a L1 club in the Premiership for how many years now? He'll do well at a bigger club with more resources.

Roy Hodgson? Brendan Rodgers? Sam Allardyce?

http://i.imgur.com/S0W6N.gif

Results speak for themselves. Managed to keep a L1 club in the Premiership for how many years now? He'll do well at a bigger club with more resources.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like him, but level-headed articulate managers tend to be likable. I'd wait till he gets them to finish higher than Jewell or Bruce did before throwing out the superlatives though.

I can't believe the likes of Antonio Valencia were found by such managers, so like us they must have a good scout or two.

He is probably the most dignified manager in the league along with Hughton. So likeable and humble. You never hear him moan or blame anyone or get into controversies. Very liberating. Happy he didn't go to Liverpool, really want him at Newcastle at some point but doubt he'd go along well with Ashley.

He is probably the most dignified manager in the league along with Hughton. So likeable and humble. You never hear him moan or blame anyone or get into controversies. Very liberating. Happy he didn't go to Liverpool, really want him at Newcastle at some point but doubt he'd go along well with Ashley.

Refused to talk about injuries.

And correctly so. Most teams in the league would win a fair few games if they had their first choice side available. Managers go from being decent to very good when they can inspire a depleted side to victory. I like Martinez's management style a lot. Would be very happy if he managed us one day but I think he'll have bigger suitors.

:lol: perfect.

How does it feel to be backed up by your very own smily oldtype?

As I said on another thread, he would do well at a bigger club with more resources after getting his experience at smaller clubs, but the fact that he turned Liverpool down probably means that we would have next to no chance of getting him if Pardew went....apart from the fact that he would face the same parsimonious budgets as Pardew, Whelan would do everything in his power to thwart such a move because of his history with Ashley - he won't have forgotten how he was stitched up by him...

Unless things pick up at the Emirates, I reckon he has a good chance of taking over from Wenger if the latter decides to call it a day, or is eased upstairs ; Man C is another possibility if they fall away later in the season and even a return to Spain if, for example, Mourinho leaves is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

As I said on another thread, he would do well at a bigger club with more resources after getting his experience at smaller clubs, but the fact that he turned Liverpool down probably means that we would have next to no chance of getting him if Pardew went....apart from the fact that he would face the same parsimonious budgets as Pardew, Whelan would do everything in his power to thwart such a move because of his history with Ashley - he won't have forgotten how he was stitched up by him...

Unless things pick up at the Emirates, I reckon he has a good chance of taking over from Wenger if the latter decides to call it a day, or is eased upstairs ; Man C is another possibility if they fall away later in the season and even a return to Spain if, for example, Mourinho leaves is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

I think he's excellent too but doubt he has much of a chance with the teams you mention, think he has one more step up to make before getting offered one of those jobs.

Hard to judge him after that. Had they kept 11 on the pitch it would have been easier to assess the comparitive approaches to the game between him and Pardew. As it was, i thought Wigan had better passing and movement but they were really quite poor without the ball.

And correctly so. Most teams in the league would win a fair few games if they had their first choice side available. Managers go from being decent to very good when they can inspire a depleted side to victory. I like Martinez's management style a lot. Would be very happy if he managed us one day but I think he'll have bigger suitors.

Who would they beat?  Each other?

Mark Hughes.