Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

On 08/04/2021 at 12:50, ponsaelius said:

I personally don't see the point of an international football tournament without fans, or at even quarter capacity. Club football is bad enough without it - but international tournaments live and die by the spectacle and atmosphere. If it can't be played without full stadiums and international fans then just postpone until next summer. 

It's different with the Olympics because often the athletes have trained their whole lives for such a narrow window of time - and for some sports that comes along once in a lifetime. There is not the same tribalism/carnival to proceedings that really needs full crowd or travelling supporters. Football on the other hand can, and should, live with holding off until a proper event can take place.

Aye. Just won't be the same without the cameramen looking for totty.

Woohooo our own section! 

Just saw that my tickets now show seat info so pretty confident about my two games in St Petersburg :thup: :thup:

Edited by Kasper

Got 4 days off work from Sat 12 to Tues 15 June, and got a table booked at Original Oak in Headingley for England game vs Croatia. Great place to watch footy (if warm). Watch footy this week, 2 week break and will be bang up for the Euros. 

Guest neesy111
36 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Why has he left out all the Real Madrid players? Is Ramos, Isco, Carvajal, Asensio and Vasquez all that shit?

Its not a great squad like. Eric Garcia has only played a handful of games for City.

Ramos is not fully fit, surprised about Asensio but rest don't play enough.

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

France slight favourites ahead of England for me.

I'd have Portugal and Belgium in there too. France have best squad, England have home advantage and POR/BEL first XI's are strong as fuck but lack depth.

Spain and Italy next tier down with Germany as a wildcard.

7 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I thought Reguilon was their starting LB?

Should be Gaya ahead of Alba

RE Madrid players - bar Benzema the rest of R Madrid have been bang average - not surprised at all none of been selected - Ramos and Carvajal are injured tbf - Ascensio just hasn’t been the same after his ACL 

Don't think I'm ready for this or even want it. Anyone else the same. Bet that's not the case England vs Scotland Friday night in a bar with fuck all social distancing going on.