Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Don't think I'm ready for this or even want it. Anyone else the same. Bet that's not the case England vs Scotland Friday night in a bar with fuck all social distancing going on. 

I'm of the much rather this than nothing mindset. There's no real scope for delaying it again and it will be great to have on TV while restrictions will still impact us a fair bit this summer.

I've watched so much football this year the thrill of it isn't really there and without the fan atmosphere home and abroad it won't be the same, but I'm sure there will be plenty of excitement once things kick off.

43 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Just realised Spain have only named 24 in their squad too, odd.

Enrique said there’s no point taking players for the sake of it which is fair enough IMO

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Enrique said there’s no point taking players for the sake of it which is fair enough IMO

By all accounts he was initially going to pick 18/19 only 

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A lot of places starting to report that all Wembley games will be at full capacity.

After refunding everyones tickets

Difficult to get excited about the tournament when I feel like my tickets have been stolen from me

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You will get priority access to the resale. You should get them back no problem.

The group game cancellation emails said that, nothing in the later round emails. Not holding my breath

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

The group game cancellation emails said that, nothing in the later round emails. Not holding my breath

I had last 16 tickets and have been told I'll have priority. Since Wembley holds 40k more than the Aviva I should be safe, but also not banking on it.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I had last 16 tickets and have been told I'll have priority. Since Wembley holds 40k more than the Aviva I should be safe, but also not banking on it.

You might already be safe, my brother already lost his tickets for the original last 16 at Wembley game, its possible your ballot has happened

The transparency has annoyed me the most, every left guessing with travel/hotels to book/keep/cancel

Edited by geordie_b

15 hours ago, toon25 said:

Have to say, Southgate really fucking irritates me. Got a face that only a mother could love, and continually strikes me as an FA bootlicker.

Virtually no managerial credentials outside the England set up but he's British and inoffensive. He's a safe choice (i.e. not forrin'). 

13 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

You might already be safe, my brother already lost his tickets for the original last 16 at Wembley game, its possible your ballot has happened

The transparency has annoyed me the most, every left guessing with travel/hotels to book/keep/cancel

There was no ballot for me. I had tickets to Dublin and they were all just cancelled outright. I have to reapply no matter what, but supposedly with priority access.

3 hours ago, The Bonk said:

He and Ronaldo were unbelievable in that tournament as teenagers. I'm old enough to remember it like it was yesterday and the cruel joke of Shepard saying we were tabling an offer. :lol: 

That was an awesome tournament, yes. Spectacular penalty shootout between POR and ENG. Where does the time go?

Have any of the bookies done offers for the Euros yet, I'm sure Paddypower did a top goalscorer bet where if you bet £10 on a player you got a £5 free bet every time he scored.

56 minutes ago, Ben said:

Have any of the bookies done offers for the Euros yet, I'm sure Paddypower did a top goalscorer bet where if you bet £10 on a player you got a £5 free bet every time he scored.

Bet £10 at skybet on golden boot winner and get free £3 bet every time he scores 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

£5 free bet on England group games on PP.

On 28/05/2021 at 22:30, jotenko said:

That was an awesome tournament, yes. Spectacular penalty shootout between POR and ENG. Where does the time go?

From this tournament I remember the Czech v Holland game - was on another level - I thought the Czechs would win the whole thing