Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

7 hours ago, Anderson said:

There’s definitely one up top of Northumberland St, so no doubt a few others dotted about.

I’m sure there are a few in the Metrocentre as well.

Can’t explain my disdain for the games being played all over Europe. Awful.

Bet it’s even worse for travelling fans. Used to be mint having so many fans all in one country. 

Should be a host country like normal - is this going to be the norm moving forward? If so, another decision made to the detriment of the actual enjoyment of the sport. 

Earns an extra couple of quid no doubt.

30 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Can’t explain my disdain for the games being played all over Europe. Awful.

Bet it’s even worse for travelling fans. Used to be mint having so many fans all in one country. 

Should be a host country like normal - is this going to be the norm moving forward? If so, another decision made to the detriment of the actual enjoyment of the sport. 

Earns an extra couple of quid no doubt.

Covid

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I thought it was always going to be played across multiple places, even prior to Covid? Who was supposed to host it?

Actually, you're right haha. I forgot about that and assumed covid. Ignore me. 

Can I just say I don't like this playing games in different countries I hope the next tournament is back to one country (possibly two) again next time, I think it adds so much to the atmosphere when the games are close to each other.

Was thinking earlier about players who have been signed after great international tournaments?

Players like a James to Real Madrid, El Hadji Diouf to Liverpool. Think kleberson joined Man Utd after WC2002

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Ronaldinho? 

Not really, googled and he was already at PSG during the 2002 WC and moved to Barca in 2003.

Edited by Pata

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Was thinking earlier about players who have been signed after great international tournaments?

Players like a James to Real Madrid, El Hadji Diouf to Liverpool. Think kleberson joined Man Utd after WC2002

Liverpool have good form for this: Salif Diao, Patrik Berger, El-Hadj Diouf, Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama-Pongolle all spring to mind.