Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

Oh for sure the Schick goal was class and a better goal for the reasons in mentioned. 

I guess for me the Christenson goal was massive for their progression out of the group and in context of having just conceded a goal, in front of their fans, not having Eriksen and what happened to him in match 1 - just felt like all if that pressure and release from that goal was just purely unreal. A real incredible moment IMO. 

On 23/06/2021 at 08:48, Froggy said:

So UEFA didn't keep their promise of a priority window and just released the England game to general sale. All previous ticket holders got was an email, which went into my junk. All category 3 tickets were gone by the time I noticed but managed to get 4x Cat 2 tickets at 2.5x the price I paid previously. Classic UEFA.

Any chance people will sue or did they cover their arses?

Been a real mixed bag.

ITV have the best pundit (McCoist), worst commentator (Matterface) and better studio guests

BBC have the worst pundits (Jenas and Murphy), better commentators and middling studio guests but Lineker is way better than equivalent.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The BBC set up in general feels much higher quality whereas the ITV one just feels a bit childish. Have really enjoyed McCoist, Neville and even Keane. Also iPlayer is so much better than ITV Hub its like allies over axis. 

BBC iPlayer isn’t without its faults mind. And aye I’ve actually enjoyed Keane on this tournament, I feel they are more relaxed, humorous and more engaged the pundits on ITV. I can’t stand Jenas or Murphy, but Lee Dixon is aids.

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

ITV has ads and their ITV hub thing is Stone Age, it’s fucking atrocious that thing!

BBC for these reasons. ITV totally ruins the pre-match build up when they insist on jamming an ad break in after the national anthems.

Which ever one drones on less about England when it’s two other nations involved. Shame their isn’t that much difference between them there. 

honestly at half time of Italy v Austria I don’t give a fuck what’s happening at England’s camp or what Gareth has to say on Ronaldo moving a coke bottle. 

Edited by gdm

I know Covid is a pretty big caveat but I don't think there's a single argument for doing it like this again. Is there anything, in a football sense, better about doing it this way than in one country? 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know Covid is a pretty big caveat but I don't think there's a single argument for doing it like this again. Is there anything, in a football sense, better about doing it this way than in one country? 

Nah it's not been fair at all, though in England's favour. Think this was done as a celebration of the 60th anniversary though rather than anything Covid related?