Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

Is there another ticket window opening? Stupidly forgot to apply, despite submitting details for an email reminder.

I imagine the next window will be after the groups have been drawn for the fans of those involved in each match? There may also be returns from this round to go back on sale

Is there another ticket window opening? Stupidly forgot to apply, despite submitting details for an email reminder.

This was the email I got...

We received a record breaking 19.3 million ticket requests which significantly exceeded the number of tickets available for the UEFA EURO 2020™. Therefore, in line with the UEFA EURO 2020™ ticketing terms and conditions, we conducted a random ballot to select the applicants who will be allocated tickets. Unfortunately, your ticket application for UEFA EURO 2020™ was unsuccessful.

The GOOD NEWS is… Fans First

There will be some fans that don’t pay for their tickets. As part of the Fans First programme, these tickets will be offered exclusively to fans that were unsuccessful in the ballot.

Don’t take your eyes off your inbox!

Look out for Fans First emails to arrive in your inbox soon!

Stay aware and be ready to attack – you might even score tickets to the final!

Get warmed up and be ready to act fast - tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis!

We received a record breaking 19.3 million ticket requests which significantly exceeded the number of tickets available for the UEFA EURO 2020™. Therefore, in line with the UEFA EURO 2020™ ticketing terms and conditions, we conducted a random ballot to select the applicants who will be allocated tickets. Unfortunately, your ticket application for UEFA EURO 2020™ was unsuccessful.

There will be some fans that don’t pay for their tickets. As part of the Fans First programme, these tickets will be offered exclusively to fans that were unsuccessful in the ballot.

Get warmed up and be ready to act fast - tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis!

:joey: Didn't even enter the ballot - just put my email in for a reminder, so not sure I'll even get offered the chance to buy unsold ones. Snooze you lose, I guess.

:joey: Didn't even enter the ballot - just put my email in for a reminder, so not sure I'll even get offered the chance to buy unsold ones. Snooze you lose, I guess.

Bound to be more once teams are drawn n all. Was loads in 2016 although demand wasn’t probably as high.

4 for the Munich QF. Happy to drink there for the weekend.

Same here mate, fingers crossed England manage to get there - should be a good experience all the same. Very interested to see if the city idea works.

Same here mate, fingers crossed England manage to get there - should be a good experience all the same. Very interested to see if the city idea works.

Stab in the dark: it will work for the money men, and piss on the fans.

How can England get to Munich?

"Should Gareth Southgate’s side qualify for the final competition, Wembley Stadium will host at least two England group games at UEFA EURO 2020."

Wembley has games scheduled for Group D only, so this is the group we'd be in.

Win group D = 2nd round Dublin and QF in Rome.

Come second = 2nd round Copenhagen and QF in St Petersburg

If we finish 3rd in the group then there is a chance but I can't see us making the QF after finishing 3rd in a group where we play the majority of games at home?

• 2 weeks later...

How are you guys getting tickets in the last couple of days? Applied for loads in the original ballot and got none, had no further chance to get any since - is it just random emails sent out to people who registered now/pot luck if you get offered one?

How are you guys getting tickets in the last couple of days? Applied for loads in the original ballot and got none, had no further chance to get any since - is it just random emails sent out to people who registered now/pot luck if you get offered one?

Check your junk mail or just log back into the UEFA account. I applied like you and got none originally. Depends where you applied originally I reckon too as mine were tailored to the groups I applied too rather than being everywhere.

It’s a fucking awful system as per.

Yeah, if you haven't got an email I imagine it's because whichever locations you initially picked were perhaps in higher demand, therefore meaning there's a more limited offering on the second go, and you've maybe missed out. Bucharest was one of my original picks and presumably one of the less sought-after venues.

I feel quite jammy tbh because it's not even as if I 'missed out' on the first go, I just didn't hit buy.

• 3 months later...