Dark Souls II

Mike

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Turned your back on your Jungle buddies when we needed you, Mike. We needed you out there to shoot up that island.

Now you're talking about the 3rd installment of the video game equivalent of domestic abuse. I don't get you.  :huff:

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” says Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series,” says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II. “The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.”

Going to take a dark path this time?  Demon's and the first Dark Souls were positively joyous experiences, I suppose, they could do with toning it down and making it a bit grimmer >_<

No, it's too hard :lol:

I'm just having a rest :blush:  Been building up one of my new wizard bitches to use there, I think she'll do better than the pyromancer I sent in first.  She's just beat O&S so theoretically can head on in there now, but she'll get raped (as it were) if she's not around lv90 so some grinding to do.

I would be fucking devastated, as you can imagine.  Not even considering the possibility tbh, everything I read about Dark Souls made it sound watered down and shit after Demon's but I was utterly, utterly wrong :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382757/dark-souls-2-more-approachable-series-creator-steps-aside/

Dark Souls 2 will be "more straightforward and more understandable" than its predecessor, as a pair of new directors take over the series.

That's according to the latest issue of Edge - on sale December 20 - which reveals the just-announced sequel will be the first in the Souls series not to be helmed by creator from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Instead newcomers Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura will take the reins, with Miyazaki supervising.

"Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable," Edge writes on its website. "But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters."

It adds: "We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but it's certainly a noble task."

Shibuya himself told Edge that he sees himself as the sort of person "who likes to be more direct than subtle" and as a consequence Dark Souls 2 will be "more straightforward and more understandable."

Dark Souls 2 is in development for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Despite the co-director's comments on accessibility, Namco Bandai's PR promises "the kind of unrelenting challenges that have become a hallmark of the series, while presenting devilish new obstacles for players to overcome."

The sequel will feature a revamped server based multiplayer experience "that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing and sharing with others," it says.

Shibuya says in the press release: "This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series.

"The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

I might buy a game magazine for the first time in a decade later this month.

It'll be fine man.. we all had the same concerns when playing Demon's and this was announced.. it'll be class and I still wont be able to finish it.

:lol: Just finish Souls, ffs. You're past O&S, right?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382757/dark-souls-2-more-approachable-series-creator-steps-aside/

Dark Souls 2 will be "more straightforward and more understandable" than its predecessor, as a pair of new directors take over the series.

That's according to the latest issue of Edge - on sale December 20 - which reveals the just-announced sequel will be the first in the Souls series not to be helmed by creator from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Instead newcomers Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura will take the reins, with Miyazaki supervising.

"Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable," Edge writes on its website. "But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters."

It adds: "We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but it's certainly a noble task."

Shibuya himself told Edge that he sees himself as the sort of person "who likes to be more direct than subtle" and as a consequence Dark Souls 2 will be "more straightforward and more understandable."

Dark Souls 2 is in development for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Despite the co-director's comments on accessibility, Namco Bandai's PR promises "the kind of unrelenting challenges that have become a hallmark of the series, while presenting devilish new obstacles for players to overcome."

The sequel will feature a revamped server based multiplayer experience "that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing and sharing with others," it says.

Shibuya says in the press release: "This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series.

"The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

I might buy a game magazine for the first time in a decade later this month.

Okay, those quotes are a worry.. :lol:

Trailer is canny, although it makes it look like it has a story :scared:

Souls had a story too, it was just...you arrived in the middle of it. You picked up the pieces as you went.

Son of a bitch, I might buy it.

It'll be fine man.. we all had the same concerns when playing Demon's and this was announced.. it'll be class and I still wont be able to finish it.

:lol: Just finish Souls, ffs. You're past O&S, right?

Nah, it's still gathering dust on the shelf.. I'm too addicted to Halo atm..