Dark Souls II

Mike

It'll be fine man.. we all had the same concerns when playing Demon's and this was announced.. it'll be class and I still wont be able to finish it.

:lol: Just finish Souls, ffs. You're past O&S, right?

Nah, it's still gathering dust on the shelf.. I'm too addicted to Halo atm..

:lol: You must love shooting turtles.

It sounds like they plan on fucking up the game :lol:

Not really having any clue what's going on is one of the things that makes it so great, I mean they could maybe add a checklist or something so you're not completely in the dark, but they're going to add quest markers and a fucking mini map or something aren't they?

There was already money, man.  It's just that most of the time, the money was in the form of a little pool of blood on the ground where people last died :lol:

There was already money, man.  It's just that most of the time, the money was in the form of a little pool of blood on the ground where people last died :lol:

No that's what I mean. They'll add money because it seems innocent, but it would seriously throw the game off balance. EXP as a currency is fucking brilliant.

They need to keep souls as only currency and exp, they need to keep the summoning system exactly as it is so you can't just get your lv150 mate to help you out, they need to keep the brutal difficulty and they need to keep the safety points well spaced out.  As long as all those are in place, the video's mood is much the same as the older games so it should, hopefully, turn out OK :)

They can get rid of black phantoms for me, though :shifty:

I wouldn't mind deeper combat, as long as it goes both ways. You're more skillful, but so are the enemies.

I'm on the fence leaning towards "no" on maps, though. I remember dying for a map when I started Souls, but I got used to it.

Definitely not, as long as the places are as well defined as the first two games.  I don't want some awful Skyrim style walk-a-thon where you need a horse to get about because the big, beautiful landscape is also fucking boring :lol:

I wouldn't "fix" anything, I don't feel like they did anything wrong.

No more big dark poisonous swamps, I'll give you.  Both games have had one of those, and both have been crappy bits.  Fewer useless drops from low level enemies, maybe.

Depends on the bow, really.  Lightning shortbow +5 served me well for the whole game.  Always had it as my alternative in the left hand.  Perhaps you just weren't using them right :troll:

Combat needs refinement ???  It's the best combat there has ever been outside of a dedicated fighter (IMHO).  Nothing has even come close (IMHO).  I don't know how it could be better (IMHO).  One thing, maybe: get rid of backstabs, or at least tone them down so they're not an automatic one hit kill.

Depends on the bow, really.  Lightning shortbow +5 served me well for the whole game.  Always had it as my alternative in the left hand.  Perhaps you just weren't using them right :troll:

Combat needs refinement ???  It's the best combat there has ever been outside of a dedicated fighter (IMHO).  Nothing has even come close (IMHO).  I don't know how it could be better (IMHO).  One thing, maybe: get rid of backstabs, or at least tone them down so they're not an automatic one hit kill.

It's still just two buttons. I feel like there could be so much more. Disarms, knockdowns, etc.

The game's story needs more direction and polish, I don't want or expect some epic yarn but I at least want any NPC I speak with to not just babble on about a load of vague boring shite.

:lol: I think that vague shit was the story. There was a war, or something. A betrayal, etc. Missed most of it. Nito sacrificed himself, or he was the betrayer, or he was betrayed and went crazy. Not sure.

:lol:

I had no idea what was going on. It wasn't just the story either it was everything, I shouldn't be having to google how to play the game, and if you're going to add a unique and fairly complex (as gaming multilayer goes) multilayer system then at least run me through how to use it.

Saying that it was also pretty admirable, they just didn't give a fuck.