Dark Souls II

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no real interest in this. Can't really put my finger on it, but it just looks meh...

:yao:

On a different note...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-29-miyazaki-wont-be-directly-involved-in-dark-souls-2-doesnt-want-too-many-sequels

While much of the sequel is enshrouded in mystery, Dark Souls 2 co-director Tomohiro Shibuya revealed a few tiny details to Edge. First off, he confirmed that it will be a direct sequel and take place in the same universe, if not the same locales.

"If Lordran was to be an area in a world called, say, Earth, the setting of this game will be somewhere completely different," he explained. "The two places won't necessarily interact directly with each other, but, from a visual concept [standpoint] at least, it will be within the same world."

He also cryptically noted, "The concept of time and the existence of time is something that will be key to Dark Souls 2." This was an idea briefly explored in Dark Soul's Artorias of the Abyss DLC where the player character was whisked away to a previous era.

Shibuya said that he'd like the sequel to have the same "general feel" as Dark Souls and he doesn't intend to change the controls. He will however try to make some of the more esoteric concepts like covenants easier to grasp.

"I personally feel that the covenant system was something that was difficult to fully absorb and experience [in] Dark Souls, and I intend to make it more accessible to players," he explained. "And that's not just with the covenant system, but with a lot of other aspects that I felt were difficult to fully adapt to."

"I will follow the same concept as Dark Souls, but there were a lot of hidden story elements that some players may not have caught before, and I'm hoping to make some of that a little bit more clear or directly expressed to the player as well - not just in the story, but messaging. A lot of elements were very subtle in Dark Souls, and that was something that was characteristic to Dark Souls. But I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct instead of subtle, so I think that part of me will [result in] a difference [for] players when they pick up Dark Souls 2. It will be more straightforward and more understandable."

Shibuya ended the interview by noting the game was roughly 25 per cent finished. He refused to comment on whether it would be completed by the end of the calender year, but it's seeming increasingly unlikely.

• 2 months later...
Guest Open_C

Dark Souls looks fucking brilliant :smitten:  Way more encouraged than I was when I watched the first DS reveal video after playing Demon's Souls.  Looks tremendous (although from the hits the dude was taking down in that basement with the huge armoured guys, he should have been killed six or seven times.. I hope it was just a demo build and they haven't made it that much easier).  Mike will approve of being able to light and carry a torch, and a bit of dual wielding :lol:

I haven't read anything about it yet.. is it going to be next gen?  Video looked subtly beyond the level of what the PS3/360 are capable of.

Did'nt see this, thread deleted :okay:

Great news :)

:lol: As if we'd use the thread of the dude that quit the first one. :yao:

:lol: :lol: We honestly just keep having the same conversations in here.