Sir Patrick Moore dies aged 89

Super Duper Branko Strupar

Astronomer Sir Patrick Moore died today aged 89, a group of his friends and staff said.

The broadcaster "passed away peacefully at 12.25pm this afternoon", at his home in Selsey, West Sussex, they said in a statement:

"After a short spell in hospital last week, it was determined that no further treatment would benefit him, and it was his wish to spend his last days in his own home, Farthings, where he today passed on, in the company of close friends and carers and his cat Ptolemy."

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-12-09/sir-patrick-moore-passed-away-peacefully-at-his-home/

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

British treasure and legend. Always had 100% enthusiasm whenever you saw him on TV, which clearly had an influence on us that watched his shows. A great character all round, really. Sad news, but it's nice to hear he went away peacefully and in the comfort of his own home and those he loved (+cat).

RIP and thanks for all the cheat codes.

RIP to a true legend. Watched Sky at night almost every month. Very sad.

I wonder who the new host will be, please not Brian Cox.

Would guess almost certainly Brian Cox.

RIP, an absolute legend.

Brian Cox will continue doing his own thing, you'd think? I reckon they'll probably just get that blonde-haired chap to front Sky at Night now; he presents the majority of it these days anyway, based on what i've seen recently.

Loved Patrick Moore, fascinating and extremely intelligent man. Went through a lot too. Was absolutely quality on the xylophone too, i seem to remember.