FM 2013 'Tooj's Newcastle Youth Development Challenge'

Tooj

As mentioned a separate thread was decided to be best for this.

Newcastle United 'Youth Development Challenge'

Aim

To see how far you can get with Newcastle United without buying or loaning any players and only using those either already in the current setup or any regens that come through your youth academy.

Rules

No loans or transfers in are allowed but you can sell and loan players out.

If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again.

Must use the uploaded database (link provided below)

Signing backroom staff is allowed.signing players on trial or signing grey players isnt allowed.

I want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep me updated, even if you are doing really badly.

Updates should be seasonal at the very least and should include following screenshots (transfer screen to ensure people are following the rules), although feel free to post as many during the season as you like.

You can have a Head of Youth Development just make sure that they are not bringing in young players for you.

No free transfers allowed.

You can only have the English and Scottish leagues as playable.

Database To Be Used

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paphjlk0l0xmcng/Database%20Merge.dbc

Lastly let the games begin!

Bane Let the games begin

Any guidelines for which leagues to add, and whether they should be playable or not. My understanding is this affects player development (i.e. loaning players out to lower leagues) and chance of continental success (detail level of other leagues lower, hence less players, playing teams with more grey players, etc)?

Any guidelines for which leagues to add, and whether they should be playable or not. My understanding is this affects player development (i.e. loaning players out to lower leagues) and chance of continental success (detail level of other leagues lower, hence less players, playing teams with more grey players, etc)?

Happy to go with what people think on this one?

Fuck sake man. Shut up and play the game so I don't have to restart mine to be in line with new changes. :dave: :lol:

Match day one. Stoke at home. Depressing that I treat them in the same bracket as the likes of the Manchesters and Chelsea for being conservative. :lol: Cunts. We beat them at their own game though. :D Apart from the fact we played some sexual football at times, victory came in the form of a 1-0 courtesy of a Colo corner header. :aww: However, Tiote was tired after 17 minutes. :lol: And Cabaye got a second yellow in the 88th minute. Let's see where we go from here!

I've sent Campbell, Maddison and Abeid to feeder club St Mirren. Reckon I'll call Campbell back pretty soon to be Cisse's back up.

Happy to go with what people think on this one?

I'd go with something like League 2 and upwards and top divisions for Spain, Italy, France and Germany added as non playable.

I usually play most of my games with English league 2 upwards and only the top leagues on in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, all playable.

Either way is fine by me. I've read somewhere that loaning out players to non-playable leagues is not as conducive to their development as their development and match statistics will not be calculated as it would when the league is playable. So all those leagues playable may be the best way to go if we want the youngsters to develop to the best of their ability when out on loan.

Havent played 13 at all but this sounds interesting enough to start. I expect to get sacked a couple times before Christmas before getting in to the groove again...

Anything I need to know about 13 compared to 12?

I usually play most of my games with English league 2 upwards and only the top leagues on in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, all playable.

My laptop probably wouldn't be able to cope with all of those running.

I suggest we have the English leagues right down to the bottom if everybody else agrees with this? Then we stick to it and I can add it to the rules?

Shame we have no official agreement with Rangers!

I'm in.

Well, first day on the job and I've immediately put every eligible kid in the shop window. I'm going to spend the next God knows how long finding the right staff members. I need guys who're able to work with youngsters, high levels of discipline and all that. It's going to be the same amount of scouting I do when I allowed to buy players I suppose.

Hoping the 1st team have a good few years left in them, but I'm already worried about what will happen when Colo retires.

I suggest we have the English leagues right down to the bottom if everybody else agrees with this? Then we stick to it and I can add it to the rules?

Fairy muff, I thought it might be too little tbh, make them unplayable, it'd not like you are going for another job abroad.

I like this idea. I don't have to restart. :lol:

Your thread/challenge, your rules..  :icon_salut:

Also...does anyone know if your club's scouting knowledge affects the youngsters joining the club? Does it allow you to recruit from a bigger area? Just wondering if I should keep scouts or sack em all...

Don't think it does. This is what I read elsewhere:

Junior coaching affects the CA of kids who come into your academy in March (in England).

Youth recruitment network affect the PA of those kids.

Once they've arrived at your club, youth facilities affects how well they develop.

Source: http://community.sigames.com/archive/index.php/t-282183.html?