Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

They've spent probably close to £2 billion in total and that's in no way comparable to anything we've ever done, inflation or no inflation. We weren't the only team in for Shearer either, we just got him.

We finished 5th last year and were 1 game away from being in the CL so the paying peanuts thing is obviously nonsense. We dropped the ball last Summer and Pardew is an idiot but we could have progress further this season with a few more peanuts spent, as most of us were saying at the time.

(The RVP thing :lol: )

Dropped the ball ? We never even picked it up...

I dont think we were even aware that the ball ever existed...

Guest neesy111

You know what absolutely did my head in from the referee was when he allowed the city player to fasten his laces while we waited to take a corner.  Never have I seen this in any football game ever.  Shows what a clown he was.

You know what absolutely did my head in from the referee was when he allowed the city player to fasten his laces while we waited to take a corner.  Never have I seen this in any football game ever.  Shows what a clown he was.

Really. I have. Is that really such a bad thing?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Really. I have. Is that really such a bad thing?

No, perfectly acceptable, a player's equipment has to be right for play to continue.

Fwiw, thought you played fairly well in this game, which is a bit better than some of the predictions of total annihilation. Thought everything was summed up though by the Cisse chance when he turned and shot with his left. Last season that went in.

Guest neesy111

Fwiw, thought you played fairly well in this game, which is a bit better than some of the predictions of total annihilation. Thought everything was summed up though by the Cisse chance when he turned and shot with his left. Last season that went in.

We lost our momentum after that miss.  I still can't believe what a poor shot it was, got to get it on target at least.

If there isnt a lack of confidence type-shot from a man who probably puts that away with his eyes closed in training, I don't know. I bet in training he never snatches at that with that much time and space.

They've spent probably close to £2 billion in total and that's in no way comparable to anything we've ever done, inflation or no inflation. We weren't the only team in for Shearer either, we just got him.

We finished 5th last year and were 1 game away from being in the CL so the paying peanuts thing is obviously nonsense. We dropped the ball last Summer and Pardew is an idiot but we could have progress further this season with a few more peanuts spent, as most of us were saying at the time.

(The RVP thing :lol: )

Dropped the ball ? We never even picked it up...

We are never going to agree - my final comment on this - for now - is to direct you to Alan Shearer's comments in his Sun column ; somehow, I don't think he's in your camp..!

Having just read Shearer's comments, he's said EXACTLY what I've just said. We didn't strengthen during the summer when the time was right to. No idea what you've read it as but whatevz innit blud.