Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do I have the feeling that this one will run to the last minute and then end in disappointment, with no time left to find an alternative, because  we've put all our eggs in one basket. We shouldn't just be looking at this other guy (whom I've never heard of before this window and can't pronounce his name but I'm sure Carr's done his homework) with a view to making a bid if we can't get Remy, we should be actually talking to the club agreeing a fee and then talking to the player. We are not in a position to take any chances right now, also being in an advanced stage with another players, gives you a bit more power with your first choice to speed things up. I would rather end up with my 2nd choice, than wait till the final day of the window for my first choice to potentially turn us down.

Why do I have the feeling that this one will run to the last minute and then end in disappointment, with no time left to find an alternative, because  we've put all our eggs in one basket. We shouldn't just be looking at this other guy (whom I've never heard of before this window and can't pronounce his name but I'm sure Carr's done his homework) with a view to making a bid if we can't get Remy, we should be actually talking to the club agreeing a fee and then talking to the player. We are not in a position to take any chances right now, also being in an advanced stage with another players, gives you a bit more power with your first choice to speed things up. I would rather end up with my 2nd choice, than wait till the final day of the window for my first choice to potentially turn us down.

Well, all of that might be happening.

Well, all of that might be happening.

It never is with Newcastle though :(

Mbiwa seems as if he's available again.

Arsenal linked with him today again.

Regarding Remy, seems to be quite a few reports saying we're in agreement with Marseille but need to negotiate with him now.

Getting this done this week would fill me with optimism.

About Aubameyang; some outlets (Chronicle among others) saying he's available for £6m. Load of f***ing bollocks if he's not under any clause. Should be at least £10-12m with the form he's in and the reputation he's gained this season.

He's not really in any kind of form at the moment though. Yes he has had a very good start to the season (eight goals and six assists in 18 games), but he hasn't scored since November and although he was instrumental in their win over PSG his form has really dropped off since and that's the main reason why Saint-Etienne have slumped from title challengers to 10th in the table.

Aubameyang is undoubtedly an exceptional talent, but while ASSE would probably initally demand 10-12m euros, I would suspect that they would likely accept around 8m if the right club came along.

I stand corrected on his form, but "form" in this case would be the same sort of "form" Cabaye was made out to have through last season, his price tag will be significantly affected.

We are in agreement that it definitely has enhanced his reputation. He was absolutely on fire at the start of the year but I think he is one of these players who goes through spells. I do think he is the best option out of him, Remy and Gouffran to be fair.

Selling Ba for 7.5m and getting Abamuyang for 6m would be pretty incredible business, can't see it though.

I think it was nearer £4.5m for Ba...

Apparently we got the lot and Chelsea paid him the £2.5m.

Selling Ba for 7.5m and getting Abamuyang for 6m would be pretty incredible business, can't see it though.

Reported by just the one source. Seems very unlikely considering this was apparently one of the terms in his contract with us, so why would Chelsea have to pay his cut. It is howver extremely likely they had to pay his agents a shitload of money on top of what we paid Ba/them.

No... We got about £4.5m... Ba got £2.5m... Agents got 500k of the initial deal then insisted on another £2m from Chelsea so deal cost Chelsea £9.5+m is what I understand...

As long as the release clause has been rumoured it was public knowledge we would only receive around half of the fee...

Personally I never heard that, but never mind.

http://www.nufcblog.org/2012/02/dirty-david-sullivan-spills-beans-on-bas-toon-contract-and-ravel-bid/#.UOxQO1wgHCQ

AP said as the deal was going through we wouldn't receive the full amount to go towards a replacement...

As long as the release clause has been rumoured it was public knowledge we would only receive around half of the fee...

The clause fee has never been reported consistently, either £10m or £7.5m depending on the source (it was even reported as £15m at one point..).  The only thing that has never changed is the £2.5m to Ba's reps.  So it seems we've either received £7.5m or £5m.

That Sullivan interview is the only one that's ever mentioned 50% and I really can't make much sense of it.

“I’m told he’s got a £7 million get-out at Newcastle and he gets half the money over that.  If they get about four million, half will go to him, so if they sell him for £7 million they’ll only net about three because they paid his agent £2 million to get him out of here. Getting £3 million is not bad, but for a player of his quality it’s not fantastic.” (You can say that again, Dirty David!)

Am I missing something or does that sound like gibberish to anyone else? ???

quite often clubs are insisting on the buying club paying the loyalty bonus due to the fact the players agents have spent months touting their client around. we have had a few deals that have stalled in the past due to who pays the loyalty bonus.

Looks like every club Ba has played for has been royally arse reamed with him and his jackals laughing at the end of every move.

Doubt this trend will continue with his next move mind.

His next move will be his knee exploding leaving Chelsea to pay him to sit on his arse for the following 3 years.

quite often clubs are insisting on the buying club paying the loyalty bonus due to the fact the players agents have spent months touting their client around. we have had a few deals that have stalled in the past due to who pays the loyalty bonus.

That only happens when the clubs have to agree a fee, in this case all Chelsea had to do is offer the amount in the clause and there is no requirement for us to agree anything.  We could claim that he's broken the clause agreement somehow by touting himself around, but I don't think we did.

The clause fee has never been reported consistently, either £10m or £7.5m depending on the source (it was even reported as £15m at one point..).  The only thing that has never changed is the £2.5m to Ba's reps.  So it seems we've either received £7.5m or £5m.

That Sullivan interview is the only one that's ever mentioned 50% and frankly if you read the comment its pretty odd:

“I’m told he’s got a £7 million get-out at Newcastle and he gets half the money over that.  If they get about four million, half will go to him, so if they sell him for £7 million they’ll only net about three because they paid his agent £2 million to get him out of here. Getting £3 million is not bad, but for a player of his quality it’s not fantastic.” (You can say that again, Dirty David!)

Am I missing something or does that sound like gibberish to anyone else? ???

Seems to make sense to me and is how it's been reported... As for the overall fee it's consistently been reported between £7-7.5m... My guess is we got around £3.5-4.5m out of it...

Doesn't to me, he says Ba gets 50%.  Then he says if we sell him for £7m we'll end up making £3m because we had to pay £2m to get him in the first place.  I also haven't seen any other sources mentioning 50% going to Ba.

Everyone now is talking about £7 or £7.5m but for quite a while it was reported as £10m.  You can take a guess at what we've received for him, but it certainly isn't clear.