Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry is a good comparison. Henry wouldn't be at his best playing up front by himself. He should be playing from the left.

He did his entire career at Arsenal tbf, although they played it differently with Bergkamp behind him and gave the freedom to roam off to the left and cut inside.

In any case Remy can't lead the line in a Pardew team we know this, he'll get back to his early season form IMO if he played mainly off the left cutting inside.

Problem is Cisse is never used and Shola is crap, so its kinda an issue.

"Hi"

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qxsr36.jpg

Henry is a good comparison. Henry wouldn't be at his best playing up front by himself. He should be playing from the left.

Woah! Henry had far more to him. He could hold the ball up and link play fantastically well, in addition to drifting to the left.

Remy isn't as strong at all. He's been disappointing in that lead role, for the most part.

I don't know why, but if it wasn't for fear that we'd likely not get anyone else in, I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign him.

I mean, obviously I'd prefer we did sign him, but I'm fairly "meh" about him.

Care to explain why?

Like I say, I don't really know why, he's scoring and doing his job but I'm just not as excited by him as I was by Cisse or Ba, despite him having the attributes to be better than both of them.

I feel like he's holding back, like he's constantly not quite reaching top speed. Kind of like permanently watching a 60% fit Thierry Henry, the ability is there but the match sharpness isn't quite right. He looks like the sort that should be beating players with ease and running at them with accuracy, yet we're over halfway through the season and he still has a dodgy first touch for example.

I dunno, maybe my expectations were too high, after all, he started very well both for QPR and us.

I said something similar earlier in this thread. Yes I'd love him to sign, but I'm not sure he's that keen, or at least he's waiting around to see who else comes in. I don't think his first touch is that great either, but if he really wanted to be here next year I'd be delighted.

Woah! Henry had far more to him. He could hold the ball up and link play fantastically well, in addition to drifting to the left.

Remy isn't as strong at all. He's been disappointing in that lead role, for the most part.

Aye, Remy is more often than not weak as a baby for his size.

I wasn't suggesting Remy was the same player as Henry. They share many of the same traits and both are at there most effective when allowed to roam from wider positions rather than being up front by themselves.

:thup: It was what I was getting at with my post as well.

• 2 weeks later...

He could pass it occasionally when he's in the box. Sometimes there's players in better positions who aren't being closed down by 3 men.

Yeah it is annoying at times but I do like a "selfish" bastard so as long as he is scoring at a decent rate I will forgive and forget.

Are people actually blaming him for the red? Cost us the derby? :lol:

Have a word with yourselves.

Terrible decision, nothing more.

Get out. You raise your hands and put your head in and you're asking to be sent off. Even if it's a pathetically soft game.

The bloke was as thick as pigshit.

You don't put yourself in the position for the referee to give you a red card. Didn't need to start having a shove at Johnson and then go head to head with him, should've just walked off.

Absolute clown.