If we lose today...

TheGuv

I think he will last regardless.

If we lose today a long hard relegation fight will be our season.

Yeah nothing will change apart from more pressure from the fans. Dont think for a minute Mike and Dekka are even considering replacing him.

But enough of that talk, lets concentrate are beating these fuckers  :indi:

Regardless if we lose today, I still fear we are in for a relegation scrap. Maybe not in it trying to get out of the bottom three, but certainly very close to the danger and fighting to just hover about it.

He'll be here until at least the end of the season unless it gets really desperate,

Would it not be desperate to have 17 points from 18 games with Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Norwich, a transfer window (and Brighton away in the cup) coming up in the next few weeks?

He'll be here until at least the end of the season unless it gets really desperate,

Would it not be desperate to have 17 points from 18 games with Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Norwich, a transfer window (and Brighton away in the cup) coming up in the next few weeks?

I was thinking more relegation zone in March.

Like I said a few weeks ago, despite cries of stability etc. I'd like to change the manager whilst we still have a season to save, as opposed to when it's too late.

Lose today and it's pretty close to the end IMO.

Guest neesy111

If we lose today he should resign, if not, he should be sacked.

We both know that neither will happen

I said should not would.

:serious:

I think he will last regardless.

If we lose today a long hard relegation fight will be our season.

Agreed, on both counts.

Probably the right thing too, swapping managers every time we lose a few games hasn't exactly served us well in the past, and the list of potential replacements is horribly depressing.

You can't keep changing your manager if he has a bad run - it doesn't make any sense at all. We just want to break that mould in football. Eight years... this is where we've got to be.

Thread over

Yeah, I'm not sure he had our current season in mind when he said that.

Guest neesy111

You can't keep changing your manager if he has a bad run - it doesn't make any sense at all. We just want to break that mould in football. Eight years... this is where we've got to be.

Thread over

When does a bad run turn into a relegation one?

Thread over

What DO you think he had in mind?

Thread over

I don't think he thought we could go to this from 5th. Obviously on a high, he was a bit "brave" in his statements.

We'll see what happens.

Hope we win today mind. Can't deal with a relegation fight.

Thread over

I don't think he thought we could go to this from 5th. Obviously on a high, he was a bit "brave" in his statements.

We'll see what happens.

Hope we win today mind. Can't deal with a relegation fight.

This is EXACTLY what he had in mind man. Do you remember the last season we were in a relegation fight (not that I think we are in one in all seriousness)? FOUR managers. That worked out great, didn't it? Anyway, if Mike and Dekka are honest with themselves, they will acknowledge that finishing fifth and challenging for CL until the last round last season was a massive overachievement from Pardew and this squad of players. They have failed to sufficiently strengthen the squad in the summer (although I commend them on not selling any of our best players), and we are suffering as a consequence. Anyway, they have laid down a marker for stability, and they would look like absolute fools to abandon it so quickly. What they need to do now is hold their end of the bargain, and make funds available to ensure we can remain competitive, not even contemplate sacking the manager who did so well for them last season at the first sight of trouble.