Arsenal v Newcastle United - 29/12/12 @ 5.30pm (Live on ESPN)

bowlingcrofty

Its not a happy ship at Arsenal at present,  if we come out firing like we did at Old Trafford and get a lead and manage to hold onto it for longer than 10 minutes if we can then get them frustrated the crowd will turn on them. 

Need to get right in there faces and just give it a go, but make sure we defend properly, something we haven't managed to do in our last 4 away games when we have just given ridiculous goals away at Stoke, Fulham, Southampton and Man U.

With Williamson out of the equation then our chance of getting something out of this game has improved considerably. I've always admired Perch at CB (although he's been fantastic for us wherever needed), his calmness on the ball will certainly be a nice welcome- unlike that flailing baboon who treats it as a time bomb!

Hopefully Pardew plays Marveaux from the start and encourages a really positive attitude, because despite all they have going forward in the likes of Walcott, Wilshire, Corzola etc. they are exceptionally fragile at the back and we definitely have the ability to score against them. It's just a matter of how tight we can keep it.

Not expecting for much, but once again just hoping.

This should be an enjoyable watch for a neutral but heart failure for both sets of fans to watch.I am really looking forward to seeing what kinda response our players well give.I wouldn't be surprised that's why old purple nose made those comments

While it's fashionable to big Perch up because he's not utter shit like he used to be he was definitely responsible for marking thin air then getting outjumped for a goal at his last appearance at CB. A stand in DM OK, anywhere else a massive risk.

While it's fashionable to big Perch up because he's not utter s*** like he used to be he was definitely responsible for marking thin air then getting outjumped for a goal at his last appearance at CB. A stand in DM OK, anywhere else a massive risk.

true but to be fair even had williamson been available i think many would have gambled on playing perch for the lack of high balls theres likely to be from arsenal. given the choice of the two i'd play perch at CB against these and swansea, williamson against practically everyone else.

(is that right streete went to old trafford ? if so what chance him on the bench tomorrow ?)

While it's fashionable to big Perch up because he's not utter s*** like he used to be he was definitely responsible for marking thin air then getting outjumped for a goal at his last appearance at CB. A stand in DM OK, anywhere else a massive risk.

true but to be fair even had williamson been available i think many would have gambled on playing perch for the lack of high balls theres likely to be from arsenal. given the choice of the two i'd play perch at CB against these and swansea, williamson against practically everyone else.

(is that right streete went to old trafford ? if so what chance him on the bench tomorrow ?)

Think he'd struggle against Walcott or Giroud tbh, his tendancy to dive in & lack of positioning or his lack of physicality not that Williamson would struggle of course. Just have to hope we can go at them like we did on Boxing Day, can't see it as much though.

While it's fashionable to big Perch up because he's not utter shit like he used to be he was definitely responsible for marking thin air then getting outjumped for a goal at his last appearance at CB. A stand in DM OK, anywhere else a massive risk.

:thup:

I'd be very comfortable with Perch at right back, major exaggeration to call him a massive risk anywhere but defensive midfield.

I'd be very comfortable with Perch at right back, major exaggeration to call him a massive risk anywhere but defensive midfield.

For me he positionally suspect in the defensive positions, a lot more so than Simpson and Williamson but he makes up for it (to an extent) through being quickish & being able to execute last ditch stuff hence his penchant for either class tackles/blocks or blatant yellows.

Given the crap Simpson/Willamson get for being shit Perch is worse than both IMO in both positions. As I've said though DM he is a capable back up.

Simpson's seriously limited ability on the ball and constant backing off often wastes possession and puts a lot of pressure on us IMO.  I think Perch is a better option there despite his lesser positional sense.  Don't think Perch has ever looked bad there personally, Simpson occasionally doesn't look bad there.

Perch at CB certainly doesn't fill me with confidence, though I have to admit it doesn't scare me anymore than Williamson being there, especially against a side like Arsenal, much rather see him in midfield though.

Its not a happy ship at Arsenal at present,  if we come out firing like we did at Old Trafford and get a lead and manage to hold onto it for longer than 10 minutes if we can then get them frustrated the crowd will turn on them. 

Need to get right in there faces and just give it a go, but make sure we defend properly, something we haven't managed to do in our last 4 away games when we have just given ridiculous goals away at Stoke, Fulham, Southampton and Man U.

Defend properly ? Not with Williamson and Simpson in the side...oh well - at least Williamson seems to be counted out this time !

Defend properly ? Not with Williamson and Simpson in the side...

Williamson is suspended.

So...

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Santon

Bigirmana Tioté

Marveaux

Cissé            Ba          Obertan

Would be my guess.

Campbell and Streete are involved again. I reckon they're not far away from getting some gametime. Would be interesting to see what Campbell can do in Obertan's position.

Don't worry? Me?

you said you were looking forward to them apart from the game.  Nevermind.

Well they are obviously starting, i meant it more like im especially looking forward too see these two today and how they'll play :)