How would you fit Anita, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux & Tiote in the same team?

Lotus

Easy - Tiote and Anita BOTH play in m/f with Cabaye in away games and tough home ones. Marveaux plays with Anita and Cabaye in easier home games.

Wouldn't drop Cabaye in any circumstance if fit, but I'm still to be convinced he will be at SJP past the summer.

AC Milan christmas tree.  4-3-2-1

Cabye  Tiote  Anita

HBA  Marv

Cisse

This is the one for me but it can't really happen until we sign a RB. Playing this formation can work a few ways. We can let HBA and Marv roam but ideally I'd like most of that to come through the middle. Another way would see Tiote sitting on deep allowing Yohan and Vurn to get forward to support the three in front of them, maybe pushing HBA and Marv further wide. Either are fine really, and both could in theory see Tiote sitting allowing the other five to work their magic. It's imperative we have two good fullbacks for this to work though. From this formation there isn't ever going to be any genuine width unless the fullbacks push on. When in attack we could cause a whole host of problems if we could do this, with something like this when we have the ball in the opposition half:

New CB - Colo

---------------------------------------

Tiote

Cabaye - Anita

New RB - HBA - Marv - Santon

Cisse

The fullbacks really are key to it all in my opinion. If they can bomb up and down the flanks they offer the option of giving it wide if needs be and should free up HBA and Marv to work their magic. It also gives them the opportunity to get out wide if needs be to work with the fullbacks to create an overlap, pushing Yohan and/or Vurn to slot in further up the pitch. Having those two arriving in the box late wouldn't be a bad thing at all. The potential passing triangles we could form with a combination of Yohan, Vurn, HBA and Marv with Cisse then feeding off them too, we'd be able to play our way through any team in the league man.

Guest tollemache
Ancelotti style

Simpson    Colo   Someone   Santon

Cabaye
       Anita                    Tiote

Marveaux
           Ben Arfa

Cisse

If we're organised and pressure properly as a team, we don't need Tiote imo. I honestly think he's too limited to be a regular starter now we have Anita who I think is a far more rounded player. Also think Bigirimana has performed better than him this season.

Cabye  Tiote  Anita

HBA  Marv

Cisse

This is the one for me but it can't really happen until we sign a RB. Playing this formation can work a few ways. We can let HBA and Marv roam but ideally I'd like most of that to come through the middle. Another way would see Tiote sitting on deep allowing Yohan and Vurn to get forward to support the three in front of them, maybe pushing HBA and Marv further wide. Either are fine really, and both could in theory see Tiote sitting allowing the other five to work their magic. It's imperative we have two good fullbacks for this to work though. From this formation there isn't ever going to be any genuine width unless the fullbacks push on. When in attack we could cause a whole host of problems if we could do this, with something like this when we have the ball in the opposition half:

New CB - Colo

Tiote

Cabaye - Anita

Cisse

The fullbacks really are key to it all in my opinion. If they can bomb up and down the flanks they offer the option of giving it wide if needs be and should free up HBA and Marv to work their magic. It also gives them the opportunity to get out wide if needs be to work with the fullbacks to create an overlap, pushing Yohan and/or Vurn to slot in further up the pitch. Having those two arriving in the box late wouldn't be a bad thing at all. The potential passing triangles we could form with a combination of Yohan, Vurn, HBA and Marv with Cisse then feeding off them too, we'd be able to play our way through any team in the league man.

Thomas's AC Milan Xmas tree idea is pretty good. I'm surprised in your formation you've said that width would come from the FBs and then put Santon at LB as he can't cross for toffee. He actually slows our attacks down.

Cabye  Tiote  Anita

HBA  Marv

Cisse

New CB - Colo

Tiote

Cabaye - Anita

Cisse

Thomas's AC Milan Xmas tree idea is pretty good. I'm surprised in your formation you've said that width would come from the FBs and then put Santon at LB as he can't cross for toffee. He actually slows our attacks down.

He doesn't necessarily need to cross, just offer himself out wide. With that team above I'm not sure why we'd need that many crosses into the box, we'd only have Cisse to aim for! He gets into some very good attacking positions and with better movement in and around the box he'd rack up lots of assists from cutting the ball back. Put him at RB if we must and sign a LB, not particularly fussed either way, still think he's a very good attacking threat and will be one of the ones to flourish from having some support from the opposite flank.

If we're organised and pressure properly as a team, we don't need Tiote imo. I honestly think he's too limited to be a regular starter now we have Anita who I think is a far more rounded player. Also think Bigirimana has performed better than him this season.

I don't think we concede 3 goals from open-play against Man Utd. with Tiote imo.

Always said we are too light in the middle without him. IMO Anita, Cabaye & Bigi need a tough-tackler alongside them.

I'm pretty certain with everyone fit Pard's will go Tiote-Anita-Cabaye. With Bigi & Marv looking to replace Tiote and Cabs if we need a goal. IMO Marv has looked a better playmaker than Cabaye, he can carry the ball and pass but Cabs works so much harder.

Guest tollemache

For a proper AC Milan Christmas tree your creative midfielder (Cabaye) would be at the base of midfield with energetic ballwinners either side, which also enables them to shine, what with having one side of the pitch to patrol.

Tiote

Anita  Cabaye

Ben Arfa    Marveaux

Surely that would enable one of Cabaye / Anita to come forward in attack when needed and spread when the ball is going the other way?

I'd leave Tiote out at home against the vast majority of sides.

Totally agree with this, I think he's a necessity away from home and against the 'big' teams but we don't need him against the lesser sides. At home, I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Cabaye, Anita and Marveaux with Ba, Cisse and HBA up top. Away, I'd want Tiote, Cabaye and Anita as the 3 with HBA, Marveaux as the wide forwards and either Ba or Cisse in the middle.

Really not sure we are too big to be confident of results against any sides tbh.

Tiote had annoyed me this season with his poor passing/reckless challenges and I have probably gone over the top at times but he is one of our 'purple' players and we aren't going to dominate many teams so much that we don't have to defend.

Really not sure we are too big to be confident of results against any sides tbh.

Tiote had annoyed me this season with his poor passing/reckless challenges and I have probably gone over the top at times but he is one of our 'purple' players and we aren't going to dominate many teams so much that we don't have to defend.

I don't think he's as useful in games where we're on, or need to be on, the attacking front, he's a much better player when we're under the cosh. I'd rather try and dominate the middle with genuine skill, which I think we can do against the majority of teams at home. It's not a case of not defending at all either, Cabaye and Anita are very astute defensively and as long as we have discipline in our shape, we'll remain solid, you don't necessarily need defensive midfielders in there all the time.

I've watched a lot of teams come here this year and put in a massive defensive shift and we've really struggled to break them down. We need as much creativity as we can get, there's plenty of crap in the league that don't need the amount of respect we've shown them so far this year.

Anita and Marveaux on the bench to be honest.

Perch and Tiote as holding midfielders. Cabaye and Ben Arfa as attacking midfielders with both assigned a wing for defensive duties.

Ba as a deep lying striker,  Cisse up top.

Perch and Tiote as holding midfielders. Cabaye and Ben Arfa as attacking midfielders with both assigned a wing for defensive duties.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpoxqnjsnY1qii6tmo1_500.gif

http://i.imgur.com/pgnTT.jpg