Newcastle United v Everton - 02/01/13 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

I don't envy Pardew ahead of this, does he prepare based on Ba not being available or what? If he's still on the books by Wednesday, does he start? Up front?

Points are more important than principles in our position.

If you are managing a big club then choosing from more than one striking option comes with the territory. I know that seems hard to believe looking at our line ups this season but it's true nonetheless.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Krul

Perch  Willo  Colo  Santon

Tiote  Anita

Marv

Obertan              Ba

Cisse

No way will he leave Cheick out

Krul

Perch  Willo  Colo  Santon

Bigi  Anita

Marv

Obertan              Ba

Cisse

No way will he leave Cheick out

You're right he won't but that's the best side we have available.

Got every faith in Demba going back into the team and performing well if called upon. Won't look good to potential suitors if we play him and he strops around on the pitch. I imagine it would set a lot of alarm bells ringing, especially with his contract demands.

I reckon he'll score actually, if he does start.

Question is whether we stick with him up top and Cisse out wide (something that's been getting goals but not results) or bite the bullet and make the change straight away.

Or we might just play 4-4-2 again. :shifty:

Guest firetotheworks

If we wind Fellaini up, we win imo. I for one will be getting on the ref's back about him at any opportunity. Considering they scream for penalties when the ball's in their own half at Goodison, I consider it fair game.

Question is whether we stick with him up top and Cisse out wide (something that's been getting goals but not results)

It's not been getting results because of our disgusting excuse of a defense, looking from a far i don't think it matters.....

If Pardew goes with Ba up top and Cisse on the right or Cisse up top and Obertan on the right i still think we will score goals regardless.

The only thing to consider is do we accept Ba is leaving and if so do we want to play Cisse through the middle in preparation for the weeks and months to come and is Ba is mentally prepared to play.

A side from that i don't think it matters a great deal, what does matter is we actually stop conceding bloody goals as it's quite obvious no matter where Cisse plays we will score goals as long as we play like we have in recent weeks.

So yeah back 4 have a stormer please.