Other clubs' kits (2023/24)

Toon Hoser

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

You seeing the ridiculous colour combo Man U have on today for their shirt and base layer?

Yeah, thanks for that. I can only assume the Manchester United kit man is helping Greater Manchester Police and the Metropolitan Police with their enquiries. Or at the very least he's apprehensive about going into PC World in the near future. 

Because I'm Britain's saddest man, they make replica long sleeve shirts but not player issue so either make it a player issue or just save us from all this bullshit and wear a replica. Maybe my memory is deceiving me but I'm sure way back in the 90s when cycling shorts were in vogue they had to be the same colour as the shorts of the kit. Or option B, of course, would be just don't wear them? 

British football survived for most of a century without the need for a poppy to be applied to the shirt every November but now you'd never get away with that. Similarly, footballers (for the most part) have gone for so long without looking ridiculous on the pitch but, oh, all of a sudden a poorly coloured base layer is now 100% essential? Nah. 

The world of football is going to be so much better when I'm in charge. 

Thanks for bringing it up! [emoji38] I do actually feel better for getting that out. 

46 minutes ago, number37 said:

Yeah, thanks for that. I can only assume the Manchester United kit man is helping Greater Manchester Police and the Metropolitan Police with their enquiries. Or at the very least he's apprehensive about going into PC World in the near future. 

Because I'm Britain's saddest man, they make replica long sleeve shirts but not player issue so either make it a player issue or just save us from all this bullshit and wear a replica. Maybe my memory is deceiving me but I'm sure way back in the 90s when cycling shorts were in vogue they had to be the same colour as the shorts of the kit. Or option B, of course, would be just don't wear them? 

British football survived for most of a century without the need for a poppy to be applied to the shirt every November but now you'd never get away with that. Similarly, footballers (for the most part) have gone for so long without looking ridiculous on the pitch but, oh, all of a sudden a poorly coloured base layer is now 100% essential? Nah. 

The world of football is going to be so much better when I'm in charge. 

Thanks for bringing it up! [emoji38] I do actually feel better for getting that out. 

:lol: 2nd half, Pogba is just rubbing it in yoir face now isn't he?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2021 at 03:23, Jaqen said:

Read with interest, then came across the dreaded word 'crypto currency' - fuck that for a game of soldiers - never touched them and (fingers crossed) never will. 

If we go down this road - what actual 'influence' do you think we would have, probably not a lot apart from changing the music for when we score a goal (when we score - no playing writes for that composer).

16 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

We now have the oldest in the league.

And long may it continue.

That timeline is also very misleading; Leicester have only changed the font, Southampton have only changed the appearance of the football, Watford have only capitalised the club name on theirs from a crest they've had since 1978.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Man City's and ours are the only ones that massively changed from their previous badge.

Man City also only went back or at the very least based their current crest on their crest from the late 80s and 90s. Chelsea's went for a modern adaptation of theirs from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Arsenal 'modernised' their badge and still a few of their fans hate it. Brentford's has massively changed and it looks shit imo, West Ham's is also a farce.