Are we stronger if Debuchy signs and Ba leaves?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we're slightly stronger as it is if Cisse can refind his form down the middle. Even when Cisse does play in the middle though we will miss the physical presence of Ba which breathes down defenders' necks. Cisse is a poacher and with better service and link up play down the right flank he might just start firing again.

We definitely need to sign another striker though. Someone who can physically threaten and destabilise opposing defences as a plan B to Cisse when our game is not flowing. Shola has presence but he is far too slow. We need a new striker with both pace and strength (such as Ba) to offer us something different.

Lost one of the best strikers in the world? I don't agree there. Ba is a very good player but he is nowhere near being top 10 in the world. man.

Aye I probably should have left it at league as he's no where near the very top level, like (Falcao, Ibra, Van Percy etc) but he's amongst the elite group just behind. Without doubt.

Not sure what the point of asking this is when it's only 30th December.

Because it's an internet forum designed for people to discuss things.

:lol: Oh thanks, haven't heard that one in a while.

I'm just saying I'd be very disappointed (but not completely surprised, admittedly) if our only January business was Debuchy in and Ba out.  Therefore the thread seems pretty pointless.  The owner's an even bigger div than I thought if he thinks bringing Debuchy alone in would be sufficient in these circumstances.

I think it's a daft question to ask me before the window is closed, and call me a soft-hearted optimist, but I think the team probably is - the first team at least. We've been missing balance because of Danny Simpson for so long. I've been waiting for this day for ages. (cf. Michael Scott when he finds out Toby is leaving)

Our first team will improve by more for having Debuchy and losing Ba, assuming Cisse has HBA and Marv either side of him, up top.

Thoughts?

Daft question.

I fail to see how.

Because there might be other signings to come. Until we know that then this is pretty pointless speculation.

Cease all discussion until everything has happened!

No, by all means carry on. No law against having pointless discussions.  O0

Not sure what the point of asking this is when it's only 30th December.

Because it's an internet forum designed for people to discuss things.

:lol: Oh thanks, haven't heard that one in a while.

I'm just saying I'd be very disappointed (but not completely surprised, admittedly) if our only January business was Debuchy in and Ba out.  Therefore the thread seems pretty pointless.  The owner's an even bigger div than I thought if he thinks bringing Debuchy alone in would be sufficient in these circumstances.

Mmm I see what you meant now. Definitely if you felt that the OP shows that we have already accepted the fact that this was going to be our only business in January then it does become somewhat superfluous.

Honestly think second half of season I'd want this lineup

Krul

Debuc  Douglas  Colo  Santon

Anita  Cabaye

Marv

HBA    Cisse  Remy