Are we stronger if Debuchy signs and Ba leaves?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul

Debuchy colo Taylor santon

Anita Tiote Cabaye

HBA Cisse marv

Is a much better fit than

Krul

Simpson colo Taylor santon

Tiote Cabaye Anita

Cisse Ba HBA

Stronger XI without a doubt

Then Cisse picks up a knock and our replacements are Shola or Ranger. Goal explosion!!

I actually think Shola would do a job with that type of service

His entire career suggests otherwise.

Guest expat in the pool

we all know that ashley messed up big time in the summer by not strengthening our defence, he took a gamble which has not paid off.

it may cost him more now to secure the required players than it would have done in the summer but he has no choice because of our league position and the potential loss of revenue if relegated and the loss of value to his investment, our club.

he cant afford not to take the gamble and spend because going down will be a financial disaster

i think he'll replace ba, buy a centre back and a full back, if he doesnt and we go down it will be all his fault

This thread is a bit of a moot point like.

If we sign Debuchy then I reckon our defence will improve a bit so logically speaking that equals stronger. But on the other hand, if Ba leaves then our attack will become a bit weaker. It basically cancels each other out.

One in and one out (that is a defender in for a defender/striker in for a striker etc) and then we might get somewhere in terms of strength.

we are best off with either cisse or ba playing, at best ba left and cisse central, they don't work together and ba central and cisse right doesn't look too good. ba going to chelsea and leaving us with cisse central is not a bad thing if we play to our strengths instead of trying to shoe horn players into system we've seen doesn't work.

we are best off with either cisse or ba playing, at best ba left and cisse central, they don't work together and ba central and cisse right doesn't look too good. ba going to chelsea and leaving us with cisse central is not a bad thing if we play to our strengths instead of trying to shoe horn players into system we've seen doesn't work.

And if Ba goes and Cisse picks up an injury?

third time now, i'd like us to get someone else in but not a direct replacement for ba. not necessarily a through the middle striker but someone who can play right across the front line.

third time now, i'd like us to get someone else in but not a direct replacement for ba. not necessarily a through the middle striker but someone who can play right across the front line.

Without Cisse and Ba we'd need a through the middle striker though as we'd need goals from somewhere.

Guest hatem garrincha

That's why Remy is an interesting prospect. Different style than both Ba and Cissé. Can play through the middle, with more mobility, and also as RW.

Without Cisse and Ba we'd need a through the middle striker though as we'd need goals from somewhere.

that would be the other, the one who can play right across the line, that means through the middle aswell. remy would be ideal if it weren't for the apparent lack of form this season.

That's why Remy is an interesting prospect. Different style than both Ba and Cissé. Can play through the middle, with more mobility, and also as RW.

Exactly he would offer something we have not had since the Bellamy days quite frankly.... lots of ifs and maybes atm though.

that would be the other, the one who can play right across the line, that means through the middle aswell. remy would be ideal if it weren't for the apparent lack of form this season.

Bringing Remy in and having to rely on him getting goals in a new league and new country would be a massive risk to take considering what's at stake.  In his favour will be that he should fit in quite easily with the other French players.

Guest hatem garrincha

Hoarau on a loan as a short-term solution? Good if we wanna bring Carroll back home in the summer.....

Please no.

Just thought.  We can just keep updating this until we know the final outcome...

What outcome? It's far from certain we will even sign Debuchy or that Ba will leave and that's before we even get into any other transfers that may or may not happen.. :lol:

Outgoings and incomings by the end of the transfer window, updating the question every time a player leaves or arrives, plus strong rumours.

Just thought.  We can just keep updating this until we know the final outcome...

What outcome? It's far from certain we will even sign Debuchy or that Ba will leave and that's before we even get into any other transfers that may or may not happen.. :lol:

Outgoings and incomings by the end of the transfer window, updating the question every time a player leaves or arrives, plus strong rumours.

I'm sure there will be a transfer window thread where things like this will be discussed.

I'm sure there will be a transfer window thread where things like this will be discussed.

Not enough room on the board or something?

I'd say yes in respect of the overall effectiveness of the team.

Debuchy improves us tenfold in respect of offering a balanced threat down the right and left and Cisse gets his position back.

If this was the way the window ended, I'd have taken it beforehand, helped by the constant shite in the press about Ba's contract being a thing of the past.

I'd say yes in respect of the overall effectiveness of the team.

Debuchy improves us tenfold in respect of offering a balanced threat down the right and left and Cisse gets his position back.

If this was the way the window ended, I'd have taken it beforehand, helped by the constant s**** in the press about Ba's contract being a thing of the past.

Fully agreed. It'll bring some much needed harmony.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Ba out, noone in. Yes.

Ba out, a competent right back in. Hell yes.

The only thing I can say in defence of that is that you're assuming it will give Cissé more freedom and he will have a goal revel in Ba's absence.