Great North Run 2019

Jill

Very Jan-1st-ish thing to say, but i do really fancy it this year. I've seen how it's really galvanised some of my mates to get into shape.

Did you have a set regime in preparation for it, Jill?

No, not at all. I just made sure I was generally fit and did plenty of cardio in the gym with the occasional outside run. You can sign up for training programmes by email which keep you on the right track and a few friends have used them before who reckon they're pretty good.

You should definitely go for it, it's a class day aside from anything else.

No, not at all. I just made sure I was generally fit and did plenty of cardio in the gym with the occasional outside run. You can sign up for training programmes by email which keep you on the right track and a few friends have used them before who reckon they're pretty good.

Do these training programmes have nutritional advice too?

Do these training programmes have nutritional advice too?

Not sure, have a look on runnersworld.co.uk though - plenty advice/articles which are worth a read and a lot of them are free.

Me and a few mates are doing this approached a few charities and just tossing up which one to do it for. Hope to improve my effort from two years ago. Need to lose about 3 stone first though.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't get in via the ballot, sort of happy really, managed to get in via a charity so it'll give me the extra bit of motivation while making a bit of cash.

Going to run for "Children with Cancer", if anybody wants to help me reach my target of £350 then i'm obviously not going to complain ;).

Maybe be a good idea to put our links for our justgiving accounts at the top or something, if anybody has any sort of "affiliation" to any they may want to put a quid or 2 towards it.

Guest Sophie S

Forgot to register until exactly the day the ballot closed, so I think I'll ty via a charity, too. Do those places get taken up really quickly? I was hoping I could take up running a bit more seriously again for a few weeks and see how my knee goes, before I commit.

It's really hard to choose a charity, though. Pretty much everything seems so worthy, I just can't decide.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...