What Injured player do you miss most ? ( Poll Added )

Rebellious
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprised so many people pick Ben Arfa and Cabaye ahead of Saylor. This is not about who is the best player not currently available due to injury, but whose absence hurts us the most. We've been doing fairly well creating chances without Cabs and Benny, whereas we're absolutely shipping goals this season, which is in no small part down to having to rely so heavily on Williamson instead of Saylor. You could say it's not getting in another CB this summer that is hurting us the most, but we wouldn't be where we are if Saylor had been fit all season in my opinion.

Surprised so many people pick Ben Arfa and Cabaye ahead of Saylor. This is not about who is the best player not currently available due to injury, but whose absence hurts us the most. We've been doing fairly well creating chances without Cabs and Benny, whereas we're absolutely shipping goals this season, which is in no small part down to having to rely so heavily on Williamson instead of Saylor. You could say it's not getting in another CB this summer that is hurting us the most, but we wouldn't be where we are if Saylor had been fit all season in my opinion.

Spot on post  :thup:

To me Cabaye is more important the chances he creates..... he ups the work rate of the team, we are much stronger defensively and more organised.

We have been cut open at will without him which i have never seen happen when he was in the team.

Spot on post  :thup:

Saylor missed the second half of last season, tbf.

To characterise Cabaye's contribution as solely in helping with creating chances is misleading. He adds bite in midfield too and protection to the defence. Cabaye would be my choice.

Raylor is a big miss tbh. Not the biggest, perhaps, but a very good squad player. Dependable, versatile, reasonable contributions defensively and offensively, and good teamwork. Also, set pieces.

Ah here.

Seems a lovely fella and it's always nice to have such a threat from set pieces but in general he's fairly shite.

He's not my choice, but when it comes to players who aren't first team choices, but who can come in and do a job - I'd take him over many of the people we've had to use so far ( - Perch being the main person I'm thinking of, here). His fitness would have seen us gain a few more points IMO.

To me Cabaye is more important the chances he creates..... he ups the work rate of the team, we are much stronger defensively and more organised.

We have been cut open at will without him which i have never seen happen when he was in the team.

Everton away? regardless, Williamson is more dangerous as a goal threat for the opposition than he is likely to stop them scoring these days. Don't see how Cabaye coming back would improve our diabolical defending that much. Cabaye and Ben Arfa are huge misses, but having to rely on Williamson for so long has been our major downfall imho.

Everton away? regardless, Williamson is more dangerous as a goal threat for the opposition than he is likely to stop them scoring these days. Don't see how Cabaye coming back would improve our diabolical defending that much. Cabaye and Ben Arfa are huge misses, but having to rely on Williamson for so long has been our major downfall imho.

Cabaye is the brains, He is the bit of everything we are missing, that little difference that turns a game from a loss to a win or draw. I can see how much Willi is hurting us all but Saylor is just a brickwall, we have all seen him have games where he has stopped 10 odd shots or more and still we have lost. It is a close call but I`m sticking with my original Cabaye.

As for the people saying Ben Arfa I get it, he is what entertainment is all about but the 4-3 and 7-3 just recently were entertaining but we were all gutted we didn`t get any points.

I'd say it's a toss up between Cabaye and Saylor but given just how utter dogshit our defence is at the minute I'd say Saylor is the biggest miss. Getting him back in the lineup for Norwich would be a massive positive because we need to start being much harder to beat at the back. While Colo is out of form Williamson is just an utter car crash of a player right now and the sooner we get him out the side the better.

Cabaye. We're a million times better with him in midfield and he is a decent goal threat as well.

Yet people were complaining about our style of play earlier in the season when he was available and praising our performances away at Old Trafford and the Ermirates when he wasn't?

Yeah i don't agree with that inparticular as long Pards takes the shackles of and the likes of Marveaux play we still create stuff.

It's other stuff that are not really easy to spot that he provides which we have missed and dearly.

I know i keep bringing this up but its no coincidence that we suddenly can't buy a win since he got injured and only lost 2 of our first 10 with him.

Cabaye. We're a million times better with him in midfield and he is a decent goal threat as well.

Yet people were complaining about our style of play earlier in the season when he was available and praising our performances away at Old Trafford and the Ermirates when he wasn't?

Still he was part of the team that put in our best performance of the season, first half against Sunderland. When he's pressing forward and sees a lot of the ball he is absolutely top draw.

Who do I miss the most? Ben Arfa - probably the most exciting player I've ever seen in B&W.

Who does the team miss the most? Close one, but I'd go for Cabaye. I get that Williamson is a liability, but we coped with him last season. It's the protection (or lack of) in front of the back four that's killing us. The absence of Cabaye is one of the main reasons for that (Tiote's pathetic performances the other).

Keegan been quoted with this....

KK: "I think the biggest problem Newcastle have is the fact that Cabaye is injured. He is the most influential player there." #NUFC

KK: "He is the one that I would pick out above Papiss Cissé & above Demba Ba. He is definitely their key player." #NUFC [2/3]

KK: "Once Cabaye comes back you will see the old Newcastle &, especially at SJP, they will get the points they need to stay up." #NUFC [3/3]

I agree 100%