Lost Brian Clough interview - well worth a listen

Big Geordie

My grandma absolutely hated him, she said she was at some charity function before and he went berserk at somebody who was disabled and in a wheelchair as they were blocking his path or something.  :undecided:

Will definitely give that a listen. One of those characters in football that i can never really make my mind up on. Sometimes i'm applauding everything he says, at others i disagree with his attitude entirely. Find him an extremely interesting man.

I don't know how factually accurate it is, but The Damned United is a brilliant film if anyone hasn't seen it. Unquestionably my favourite football film. Probably cos there is barely a ball kicked in the entirety of it. :lol:

Will definitely give that a listen. One of those characters in football that i can never really make my mind up on. Sometimes i'm applauding everything he says, at others i disagree with his attitude entirely. Find him an extremely interesting man.

I don't know how factually accurate it is, but The Damned United is a brilliant film if anyone hasn't seen it. Unquestionably my favourite football film. Probably cos there is barely a ball kicked in the entirety of it. :lol:

I hope you've read the book. Scintillating.

Could never see modern day manager doing a Q&A with supporters. I went to one when Glenn Roeder was boss and to be fair, he spoke very well. :thup: Couldn't see Pardew doing it though!

Was that the one at Kingston Park? I was there too.

Could never see modern day manager doing a Q&A with supporters. I went to one when Glenn Roeder was boss and to be fair, he spoke very well. :thup: Couldn't see Pardew doing it though!

Was that the one at Kingston Park? I was there too.

Yup.

Some casual racism by Clough, interesting that someone asks the question of a break away league.

Different time back then (early 1986)

Indeed.

Just heard the bit where he is shouting at people :lol:

I can remember these programmes going out Friday nights in the 80's with George Gavin presenting. Cloughie, Doug Ellis, Graham Taylor and different Midlands sports celebs each week. Always listened pre Friday night piss up, in the bath...good times.

Sadly the booze utterly ruined his mind. Best book about him I've read is 'Provided You Don't Kiss Me' by Duncan Hamilton (who also wrote 'The Footballer Who Could Fly' which has a lot of Newcastle stuff in there, especially on Wor Jackie), really very much worth a read for anyone who wants to know more about Cloughie.