Brighton 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Williamson's positioning for the second goal  :anguish:

Yeah i forgot to comment on that yesterday. I was lost for words at how bad it was. Sooner he is out the team the better.

Him playing atm is benefiting absolutely no-one. He looks like a nervous wreck and is shipping goals hand over fist. His very presence in the back 4 is unsettling to his team-mates and the crowd and he contributes zero at the other end.

I'd honestly be tempted to throw Streete or Good in there to give everyone a break.

Travelled all the way from Oslo to watch this footballing disaster. Not easy to get tickets for away games without a season ticket, but this one went to members and I booked my ticket. Probably not the best choice I´vé taken  :lol:

There´s two things that really makes me angry about this game.

1. No heart. Young players should be desperate to show their abilities in games like this. Experienced players should take responsiblity on the pitch, lead by example and help the younger players. There was just no desire yesterday. I think Bigirimana stepped up and did okay, but that´s all. He was also the only player who looked upset about things after the final whistle.

2. Pardew. His tactics yesterday was just nothing, like it´s been for most games this season. The one thing that was very easy to spot was how we reacted to how Brighton tried to keep the ball in their own third before they picked out the right pass. Their GK and defenders played quite risky at the back, and we had to press high up the pitch for large parts of the game. The problem was, we failed to press high properly on almost every attempt. The thing we did was pushing three-four players up the pitch and that always left huge gaps in midfield. An easy pass over the top of Ameobi, Ranger etc. - and they suddenly had 40-50 meters of space to run into before any Newcastle player tried to close them down. This is basic for a coach/manager etc. I can´t believe how Pardew could not spot all this. It´s pretty easy to instruct players to press high - the worst thing you do is what we did, to press high with two, three or four players . It´s Pardews job to prepare the players for situations like this and to make sure we can handle different types of teams. A good manager prepare his team to handle all types of tactics and plays to their weaknesses. A good manager also makes changes during the game that his players benefit from. Sadly this isn´t a case at Newcastle. I think the last time we came from behind to win a PL game was West Ham away in 2010, and that was under Chris Hughton. Time is running out Pardew....

I'd agree on point two. The whole team has to be prepared to press or its pointless. Our pressing game looks very half-hearted.

We may be getting caught between two stools. Last year we concentrated more on just getting men behind the ball.

Travelled all the way from Oslo to watch this footballing disaster. Not easy to get tickets for away games without a season ticket, but this one went to members and I booked my ticket. Probably not the best choice I´vé taken  :lol:

1. No heart. Young players should be desperate to show their abilities in games like this. Experienced players should take responsiblity on the pitch, lead by example and help the younger players. There was just no desire yesterday. I think Bigirimana stepped up and did okay, but that´s all. He was also the only player who looked upset about things after the final whistle.

2. Pardew. His tactics yesterday was just nothing, like it´s been for most games this season. The one thing that was very easy to spot was how we reacted to how Brighton tried to keep the ball in their own third before they picked out the right pass. Their GK and defenders played quite risky at the back, and we had to press high up the pitch for large parts of the game. The problem was, we failed to press high properly on almost every attempt. The thing we did was pushing three-four players up the pitch and that always left huge gaps in midfield. An easy pass over the top of Ameobi, Ranger etc. - and they suddenly had 40-50 meters of space to run into before any Newcastle player tried to close them down. This is basic for a coach/manager etc. I can´t believe how Pardew could not spot all this. It´s pretty easy to instruct players to press high - the worst thing you do is what we did, to press high with two, three or four players . It´s Pardews job to prepare the players for situations like this and to make sure we can handle different types of teams. A good manager prepare his team to handle all types of tactics and plays to their weaknesses. A good manager also makes changes during the game that his players benefit from. Sadly this isn´t a case at Newcastle. I think the last time we came from behind to win a PL game was West Ham away in 2010, and that was under Chris Hughton. Time is running out Pardew....

Total respect to yourself and all of the fans who made the journey to the South Coast to support the lads yesterday.

You've hit the nail on the head when highlighting the lack of heart and the piss poor tactics of the manager. If that lot had one tenth of the heart, desire and passion of the thousands of fans that made the journey we would have got a result yesterday, and wouldn't be in the shite we are in the league.

Much as I hate to quote Ferguson, I have to agree that "If Newcastle's achievements had matched the support of the people who pay to watch them play, the club would be among the game's giants."

I don't think we are ever going to be able to match the passion of the players to that of the fans, unless we can get more Geordies in the side, and that's why I'd love to get Andy Carroll back, and we need Steven Taylor back in the side.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck all to do with passion, it's the lack of squad depth and a tactically inept manager which is why we're currently shit.

:snod:

I'd agree on point two. The whole team has to be prepared to press or its pointless. Our pressing game looks very half-hearted.

We may be getting caught between two stools. Last year we concentrated more on just getting men behind the ball.

Nothing to do with the fact that Pardew either can't get his point across, or simply doesn't know what to do...?

f*** all to do with passion, it's the lack of squad depth and a tactically inept manager which is why we're currently s***.

This - absolutely. The manager is responsible for motivating the team...ask KK..

Guest benge23

I'm going to Norwich as well :anguish: £45

Today felt like the first time this season the away fans weren't with the team/manager which is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your view point.

I just think it was a really weird away following, not all on the same page at all.

I was less annoyed by the hundreds of people who didn't seem to sing once than I was the self-appointed superfans who quickly resorted to homophobic chants once they got annoyed at the game, and I even heard a "We've got an end full of cockneys" at one point.  As I say, it was a depressing experience all round.

Chants like that grind my gears tbh, I wasnt graced with being born in Newcastle doesnt make me anyless of a fan in my eyes