Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

Norwich are on a poor run of form (Cup from doesn't matter), we have a great opportunity to win, hopefully we will have another transfer or two in by then, but also 1 or 2 first team members. This is a game that I would be surprised by either a win or defeat.

Despite the fact they've been losing, they've been playing well. Narrow losses in all three games recently. If we won it would take a massive effort.

It's away from home against an organised outfit, as if we're going to stand a chance in this. :yao:

Hopefully it's not humiliating and hopefully we haven't rushed Cabaye and Taylor if they return.

I f***ing hope we're certain on Taylor and Cabaye if they are to play. Either breaking down again would be an absolute disaster.

I reckon Taylor breaking down on the 1st Feb after we haven't bought in a new centre-half again would be the real disaster...

No need to panic. Jonas is back for this one.

A good thing imo, as long as he's used properly. Since he's been out, teams have been able to dribble a bowling ball through our midfield without any pressure. Nobody's working as hard as he does or tracking the opposition like he does. I'd find a place for him in a central three.

A good thing imo, as long as he's used properly. Since he's been out, teams have been able to dribble a bowling ball through our midfield without any pressure. Nobody's working as hard as he does or tracking the opposition like he does. I'd find a place for him in a central three.

Suppose. Especially if Perch is injured!

Anita, cabs and Jonas as a three, obertan and Marv either side of Papiss.

Debuchy, Taylor, coloccini and santon at the back and the excuses are gone.

I still think he's good in a central 3 and without Tiote out it's a no brainer for me.

If he'd been there to bring off the bench at Emirates and Old Trafford we'd have maybe walked away with our heads held high rather than embarrassed.

I'd start Debuchy and Cabaye but I think Taylor might need a bit more easing in, considering his record. Cabaye won't play the full 90 obviously but if Jonas is back too, he can come on to provide legs for our midfield 3 in the second half. I'd prefer to have Marveaux in the middle but with our lack of options, I'd play him on the wing and put Cabaye in as the attacking midfielder, with Anita and Bigi playing behind. I think we can get a result but that's probably wishful thinking, they're a very decent side :lol:

Suppose. Especially if Perch is injured!

Anita, cabs and Jonas as a three, obertan and Marv either side of Papiss.

Debuchy, Taylor, coloccini and santon at the back and the excuses are gone.

That'd be my side, hope the idiot picks it.

As long as Cabaye is actually fit i have no problem with it, same goes with Taylor.

We have to make sure they are actually ready though, another HBA situation and we are in really deep s***.

Cheik ‏@itaiarvatz1

@elgalgojonas get out of our club

tit.

Not really a nice thing for Tiote to say tbh.

Norwich are on a poor run of form (Cup from doesn't matter), we have a great opportunity to win

All the talk on Radio Newcastle pre-match today, was that an FA Cup 3rd round win could give us some confidence to take into our next league game. Norwich got that win, we didnt.

Norwich are on a poor run of form (Cup from doesn't matter), we have a great opportunity to win

All the talk on Radio Newcastle pre-match today, was that an FA Cup 3rd round win could give us some confidence to take into our next league game. Norwich got that win, we didnt.

With a comfortable 3-0 win away from home. Forgotten what that feels like.

With a comfortable 3-0 win away from home. Forgotten what that feels like.

That stat I posted earlier is actually over 20 away games without a win if you include our per season games.