Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

We need it to be 0-0 in the 96th minute and one to go in off their 'keepers arse, only way I can see us winning away from home.

Hmm, we won the reverse fixture by it going in off Cisse's ass in the last minute of stoppage time.

THat was WBA wasn't it?

We need it to be 0-0 in the 96th minute and one to go in off their 'keepers arse, only way I can see us winning away from home.

Hmm, we won the reverse fixture by it going in off Cisse's ass in the last minute of stoppage time.

THat was WBA wasn't it?

Norwich, surely?

THat was WBA wasn't it?

Norwich, surely?

Wrong. Ba scored v Norwich.

THat was WBA wasn't it?

Norwich, surely?

Wrong.

Yeah I've just checked. Nevermind.

We can beat these lot, but they are no push-overs and since that poor early form they have sprung some big results against good sides.

Can see Pardew getting things fired up, may even score, but our usual collapse defensively will happen and they will probably get 2 goals.

2 - 1 loss probably.

If we had been quick enough to have a centre back and striker signed already then it maybe a different story, although it is early in the window I suppose.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm not so confident that we'll immediately improve our game with most of our starters coming back  :undecided:

You never know in which conditions they are and how long it takes for them to pick up the right pace on the pitch, and with 3 or 4 of them coming into the squad at the same time (including a brand new face who's never played with us yet) it might be a really bad day.

Hopefully I'm fucking wrong and we'll pull it off.

Feels like he's been carrying an injury all season in a Shola style "sacrificing himself for the team"

Hope this little break has helped because if not he will not make any difference to us in a positive way.

Any indication as to how Pardew hopes to re-integrate Cabaye, Saylor and Jonas into the first-team picture?

Be surprised if the former two start with so little match fitness. They haven't played any reserve games, have they?

Guest bimpy474

Any indication as to how Pardew hopes to re-integrate Cabaye, Saylor and Jonas into the first-team picture?

Be surprised if the former two start with so little match fitness. They haven't played any reserve games, have they?

When was the last time you know of, when a first team player played in the reserves (not the youngsters). The only one i can think of was Marveaux. I don't think any of the others have at all under Pardew.

Taylor in for Williamson, Cabaye in for Bigi, Jonas in for Tiote.

Made easier by the fact that Tiote is off to ACON tbh.

Guest bimpy474

Taylor in for Williamson, Cabaye in for Bigi, Jonas in for Tiote.

Made easier by the fact that Tiote is off to ACON tbh.

Cabaye and Anita sitting, Marv in front of them would be my preference.

Guest bimpy474

Who would play wings? Jonas and Obertan?

Ben Arfa if fit right side, and Jonas left, reluctantly until we have Remy or the new player (i can dream), Jonas solely because he can give Santon some cover the lad seriously needs right now.

If Ben Arfa doesn't make it, then Marv right, Bigi in with Anita with Cabaye in front of them two.

Guest SuperShola!

Debuchy in for this. I've also heard Cabaye on the bench. Probably bullshit. 2-0 win, Cisse and Marv.

Krul

Debuchy, Williamson, Colo, Santon

Bigi Tiote

Obertan  Anita    Marv

Cisse

Elliot, Tav, Dummet, Sammy, Abied, Campbell, Xisco.

I don't want to see Ranger anywhere near our starting 11 ever again.

Guest bimpy474

Debuchy in for this. I've also heard Cabaye on the bench. Probably bullshit. 2-0 win, Cisse and Marv.

Krul

Debuchy, Williamson, Colo, Santon

Bigi Tiote

Obertan  Anita    Marv

Cisse

Elliot, Tav, Dummet, Sammy, Abied, Campbell, Xisco.

I don't want to see Ranger anywhere near our starting 11 ever again.

Tiote is at the ACN mate.

Obviously we'll improve with some of our better players back (we couldn't get any worse) but there's a nagging doubt at the back of my mind.  Yes, we have injuries now but what about games like Swansea or West Ham or any number of games earlier in the season?  We didn't have too many injuries then and yet we still played shite and got beat off teams we should be putting away at home.

Hoping for a result, as always, but can't see it right now.

Hoots 3 - 1 Pardiola.