Reds 2-5 Blues - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 35

Yorkie

Rich didn't look like a forumite at all :lol: thought he was just there to call us all nerds.

:lol: :lol:

I've been laughing at this for about five minutes. I'm nerdy as fuck man :laugh:

I must say it does seem like the Blue team has a few more physical specimens than the red team.. and I would even go so far as to say even if I was able to attend, it still would be quite a mismatch.

Saying that, I don't know everyone, so maybe owld Kets is an athletic powerhouse.

Too many Jonas', not many Sissokos.

Reds                  2  -  5            Blues

Ketsbaia '37                              Nixon Jnr '15, '80 

GallowgateKev '66                    Nixon '50

TaylorJ '60       

Geordiecunny '76

Competitive game in varying conditions - horizontal ice blizzards to sunshine. Some good play (confirmed by the ref who said "some good play") and some bad.

I'll put a * where I'm not sure. Also, the times are pretty much guesses, but it's roughly correct. Don't think it went 1-1 but I can't remember.

'10 - Ball played down right by geordiecunny, whipped in by TaylorJ but no-one on the end of it.

'15 - Nixon* plays through his brother who goes on to slot past the onrushing goalkeeper. 1-0.

'20 - A reds attack marvellously halted by a Rich doom tackle.

'37 - GallowgateKev shot saved by Knoxy333 but falls into path of Ketsbaia who smashes it into the roof of the net. 1-1.

'45 - Ref blows for half-time. Jaffa cakes all round courtesy of Rich.

'50 - TaylorJ* pass to Nixon who pushes the ball out his feet from 18 yards and whips one over the keeper. 2-1.

'53 - A Neil powerdrive well saved by the Blue's keeper.

'55 - Disco burns his face into the ground. Mild applause.

'60 - Rich* plays ball to theregulars who plays through TaylorJ to slot home. 3-1.

'64 - ****** header from a GallowgateKev corner brilliantly saved, at close range, by Knoxy333 and cleared.

'66 - GallowgateKev scores a great goal from outside the box. 3-2.

'70 - geordiecunny, possibly aided by the wind, hits a 20 yard effort over the keeper after great midfield hustling by LFEE. 4-2.

'75 - Optimistic Nut left footed drive from distance just wide.

'80 - Nixon Jnr in, quite literally, acres of space to score past the red's keeper. 5-2.

'83 - Kev shoots from fully 300 yards, possibly put off by girl's hockey team.

Teams (roughly)

BLUES:

----------------------Knoxy333------------------

---------Yorkie----Rich------Joey------mattypnufc-----------------------

---LFEE/Ian W---geordiecunny----Theregulars

-------Nixon-------

-TaylorJ_01-------------------------------------Nixon Jnr----

REDS:

----------------------DaveJ------------------

-----------Neesy------Nut------Duffy-----------------------

----Rocker---Neil----Slim----Disco----Dino-----

---------------Kev------OCK

-------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has any corrections/additions then fire away. The times/order are probably completely wrong but there we go.

It was my shot that led to Ketsbaia goal.

Rocker has more than a passing resemblance to Tom Hardy like.

Yeah man. Over the years I've had.. Tom Hardy, Craig Bellamy, James Morrison, Jensen Button and Daniel Bryan.

Definitely Daniel Bryan :lol:

SEMTEX: Yes, I'm an athletic powerhouse. I eat steel for breakfast and whole chickens for lunch.

I think the key to the Blues' epic victory was that we just lucked out with players that balanced each other out well, it seemed to "fit". Everyone in each position was competent and knew what to do, and we pinged the ball around quite nicely I felt. Standouts for me were Rich in defence, absolute monument of solidity (bar the occasional cross-box dribble into nom an's land, but I think he was just amusing himself), Paul (LFEE?) for being an absolute terrier, Ian W for a great habit of winning the ball and playing it quickly and calmly to another teammate and Cunny for being the driving force. Throw in Nixon's insane ball playing abilities and our combined wingers from hell, it came together so nicely. Helped having the Ginger Pirlo pulling the strings all the while.

Moment of the match for me was Neesy's shot from 20 yards, centre of the pitch which went out for a throw in.

I seemed to have a bit more energy as the game went on... Think it must've been all the skittles I ate whilst I was linesman... :lol:

Premier leauge trick that man, munching skittles at HT, all the pros are doing it.