How did the U18's get on today?

stozo

Kazenga  :cool:

On of the bright lights of the acadamy, in the reserves already as well as the U18's and he's only 15.

I'm pretty sure he's older than 15. Can't find his D.O.B on the internet but I thought he was 16/17.

Kazenga  :cool:

On of the bright lights of the acadamy, in the reserves already as well as the U18's and he's only 15.

I'm pretty sure he's older than 15. Can't find his D.O.B on the internet but I thought he was 16/17.

Clarkie said in the programme for the Celta game that he is 15.

I play footy with one of his brothers who is 18 and Kazenga is a good few years younger.

Kenny Wharton banished the nightmare of his personal FA Cup calamity 25 years ago by taking his youth side to Exeter's St. James' Park and reversing the scoreline.

During that horrendous defeat beamed to the nation on Sportsnight, Wharton infamously lay injured in our penalty area and played three players onside as the Grecians thumped us 4-0

in a FA Cup Fifth Round Replay.

It took over a quarter of a century to banish those demons but Kenny's under-18 side did just that for him with a dominant display against their in-form opponents.

Newcastle had to overcome a heavy pitch and the home side's long ball tactics but in front of a 1,453 crowd (u18s got in for a quid) they never looked back once Dean Crtichlow opened the scoring on 13 minutes.

Critchlow shot home after Ross Cowan miskicked as he tried to latch on to a Kazenga Lua Lua pass. That was the difference between the sides in the first half but after the break United's pace and power told.

Darren Lough's 48th minute corner was met by a firm Callum Morris header which was saved but Morris put in the rebound.

The goal of the game came on the hour when Lua Lua picked up the ball the halfway line and beat two men before unleashing a 30-yarder into the top corner.  :cool:

The revenge mission was complete in the 82nd minute when Rob Cavener's first time effort was blocked but Jonny Godsmark tucked the ball in as it ran free.

I play footy with one of his brothers who is 18 and Kazenga is a good few years younger.

Local lad ? All the better.

The more the merrier.

Local lad ? All the better.

The more the merrier.

He wasnt born here, but has been brought up here so he's an adopted geordie a bit like Taylor.

Type in "The other Saint James Park" on youtube to see his goal!

Cracking goal from him! Who needs Lomanna, we got Kazenga!

Lomana is more of a middle name, his brother who I know also has it as part of his name.

The old Lua Lua is Tresor.

They said on swedish televison that his name was Lomana Tresor Lua-Lua and that it meant "The Extraordinary Tressure Lua-Lua". Mind, that could just as well be bullshite :p

Lomana is more of a middle name, his brother who I know also has it as part of his name.

Cheers for the info, it was my attempt at a knee-jerk reaction!

How is Kazenga related to Lomano? Cousin or brother?

Brother

:thup:

It's been done as few times on this board with half saying brother and the other half saying cousin. head_hurts_kr.gif

He is Bro. 100%

Hey does have a cousin called Yvon who signed for on of the scottish teams (hearts I think) but didnt quite make the grade, now he is at Leeds acadmy I think.

They said on swedish televison that his name was Lomana Tresor Lua-Lua and that it meant "The Extraordinary Tressure Lua-Lua". Mind, that could just as well be bullshite :p

it means "little treasure"

Guest Geordiesned

The literal translation is "the little treasure".

I think that "Tresor" means something about Tresure, but the whole name isnt one big sentence.