You know you've turned into your parents when..

Jill

We may have done this already (I did a basic search, I promise).. but everyone seems to hit a moment in life where they realise that they've turned into their parents. For me:

(Dad) I came home, saw all the lights in the house on and announced "it's like Blackpool illuminations in here!" He was never a fan of excessive lighting. I was quite ashamed the first time these words came out of my mouth, but I've grown to embrace my stinginess.

(Mam) I cleaned the bathroom for people coming round :( I always used to insist to my mam that it wasn't important because the visitors wouldn't be taking a bath, but now I know. :lol:

This is pushing the theme a bit, but:

(Grandma) When I realised that I'm really impatient about the most basic of things. She always wanted things done yesterday.

Mum - When I started putting items in places they didn't belong. Chocolate spread in the bathroom cabinet has been a good one.

Dad - Haven't turned into a pathetic cunt of a man...yet :yao:

:lol: Ok I have to know, why the hell did you put chocolate spread in the bathroom. :lol:

Dad - clapping at the television like I'm in the studio watching it. I fucking hate myself for it.  :huff:

I keep trying to tell myself it's just like shouting at the tv while watching the football but really deep down I know there's no excusing it. I'm a shameful person.  :lol:

Dad - clapping at the television like I'm in the studio watching it. I fucking hate myself for it.  :huff:

I keep trying to tell myself it's just like shouting at the tv while watching the football but really deep down I know there's no excusing it. I'm a shameful person.  :lol:

Dude, that's terrible :lol: :lol:

Agh man I know. Instantly thought about deleting that post and forgetting about this thread.  :lol:

Agh man I know. Instantly thought about deleting that post and forgetting about this thread.  :lol:

:lol:

Dad - I say Goddamn a lot. I don't say Po-lice, so I figure I've got a bit to go. I'm about 500 rolls of duct tape behind him.

Mom - Not yet, although my sister is making an incredible transformation.

We may have done this already (I did a basic search, I promise).. but everyone seems to hit a moment in life where they realise that they've turned into their parents. For me:

(Dad) I came home, saw all the lights in the house on and announced "it's like Blackpool illuminations in here!" He was never a fan of excessive lighting. I was quite ashamed the first time these words came out of my mouth, but I've grown to embrace my stinginess.

(Mam) I cleaned the bathroom for people coming round :( I always used to insist to my mam that it wasn't important because the visitors wouldn't be taking a bath, but now I know. :lol:

This is pushing the theme a bit, but:

(Grandma) When I realised that I'm really impatient about the most basic of things. She always wanted things done yesterday.

I heard this term before I had a clue what Blackpool illuminations were, and I vow, never, ever to say it, no matter how bright any spawn of mine may make it!

Dad - I say Goddamn a lot. I don't say Po-lice, so I figure I've got a bit to go. I'm about 500 rolls of duct tape behind him.

You are every stereotype I've ever known, Mike.

The realization hurts from time to time.

The realization hurts from time to time.

What the god damn shit is this?

P.S Your Knicks are getting their asses handed to them.

I say 'the goddamn po-lice' quite often for a white English person.  :lol:

:lol: He says that shit too.

He says "Sahsage" instead of Sausage, and "Gahbage" instead of Garbage. It's completely ott.

He's good for calling things "The whatchaname". That's another thing I've avoided. He's said shit like "Give me the whatchaname for the whatchaname."

" :serious: "

Dad - I listen to music, and explain to people why the music I like is so f***ing good.  (Although I still can't explain the 'jungle music' I play on my decks to Old Man Wilson)

Mam - bless her, I like to think I'm a male version of her.  Lost her in 2009 and I'm like her in every way apparently :smug:

oh, and i'm also a cunt to wor lass for being a messy cow, I hate shit being left and that comes from both of them.  Don't understand why people can't just put shit away, tramps :angry:

:lol: He says that shit too.

He says "Sahsage" instead of Sausage, and "Gahbage" instead of Garbage. It's completely ott.

He's good for calling things "The whatchaname". That's another thing I've avoided. He's said shit like "Give me the whatchaname for the whatchaname."

" :serious: "

How do you say sausage? "Sahsage" looks about right. Mind, my dad used to say "hootchicumflipper" when he clearly should have said "whatchaname", it would have saved a lot of time for us all, instead of us looking at each other and shrugging.

I'm turning into my mother, which sounds a bit Norman Bates, but I only mean that she was really practical (she was a nurse) and never freaked out at anything, so I grew up watching her taking everything in her stride because she'd seen it all before. Fucking handy, that, in real life. I might be shit in a fight but useful in the aftermath :lol: . Can't believe how many people are frightened of blood, at least when they're sober.

Im a DAd x4.

I do the blackpool Illuminations one most days.

I clean the bathroom when somebody is calling.

I also say Kids these days dont know they are born.

and Pilkos dad- I know his pain with the bins- I might pinch his idea. :lol: