Massadio Haïdara

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wait are you telling me NUFC has actually had some luck on the injury front for a change? There is a first time for everything :o.

Right Knee - severe bruising.

Left Knee - Gone.

Great news that will give everyone round the club a boost. The Wigan game was such a downer, with everything that went on.

How he's escaped with just bruising I don't know. Maybe the knee didn't actually twist, so the ligaments stayed intact.

Guest Roger Kint

Haidara to return soon, Millwall to knock Wigan out the FA Cup, the FA to change it's disciplinary process and - finally - a Wigan relegation.

That would be a satisfying set of events :thup:

Knowing NUFC they will change the rules and we will be the first team to be done by them for something trivial :lol:

A lot of people really got their backs up over this, and rightly so:

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore believes the Football Association were wrong not to punish Wigan midfielder Callum McManaman for his tackle on Newcastle's Massadio Haidara.

McManaman escaped retrospective action from the FA after his now infamous tackle on Haidara was not punished by the match officials during Wigan's 2-1 win over Newcastle at the DW Stadium last weekend.

Haidara, who is still waiting to discover the extent of his injury, has admitted his surprise that McManaman will not be facing punishment for the incident and Scudamore admits no one could have been upset if the FA had decided to hand McManaman a ban.

"When it comes to retrospective action, whether there are currently hard and fast rules which say the FA couldn't look at that, I don't think there is anyone in football who would have criticised them had they decided on this occasion they could have done something."

Scudamore told Sky Sports News: "You would have hoped that the match officials might have seen that. We have to make sure we are doing all we can to ensure the match officials are able to see it and deal with it on the day.

"I don't think the Premier League would have been criticising them.

"That is a very different thing than completely opening it up to re-refereeing every single incident, we don't want that to happen.

"But clearly this was an incident which was within the margins. If the FA had come out and decided to take some action, I don't think anybody in the game - other than a relatively small minority - would have criticised them for doing that."