VR

Willow

1 hour ago, ste_ne24 said:

ah ok that's fine i have very little room. there's a driving range on walkabout mini golf now i'm full on lethal with that fucker at the minute :lol:

Walkabout is honestly the best multiplayer game on the Quest, simple but the physics is perfect, 90fps, regular content updates, little things like being easy to get into a game, the voice chat being clear and a decent volume.  Looking forwards to the courses based on the Labyrinth film and the Myst games.

9 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Walkabout is honestly the best multiplayer game on the Quest, simple but the physics is perfect, 90fps, regular content updates, little things like being easy to get into a game, the voice chat being clear and a decent volume.  Looking forwards to the courses based on the Labyrinth film and the Myst games.

yeah it's great. i love a few rounds at the weekend drunkenly rambling to americans and canadians  :lol:

3 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

yeah it's great. i love a few rounds at the weekend drunkenly rambling to americans and canadians  :lol:

Ha, I've not dared play with randoms but most mates I've demoed it to have ended up buying one so we arrange rounds on WhatsApp.  I like the lost ball and easter egg hunt things as well you can busy yourself with while waiting for other people to take their go

ah it's great. most folk are usually canny and polite. i have let myself down a few times though crawling around the floor trying to put someone off who's been a bit of a cunt banging my head against the walls and shit, not my greatest hour :lol:

I just moved into a small flat, and it’d be good to not get a telly to save space (and I can play my Switch on its screen). Thinking about getting an Oculus to watch movies, and for a couple of the games.

a little concerned about my eyes like - intuitively seems like it wouldn’t be good 

9 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I just moved into a small flat, and it’d be good to not get a telly to save space (and I can play my Switch on its screen). Thinking about getting an Oculus to watch movies, and for a couple of the games.

a little concerned about my eyes like - intuitively seems like it wouldn’t be good 

I don't know the issue with eyes in terms of facts for VR, but from experience of using one its about focus. If you sit front of a screen your focus is on screen distance to face. With VR your focus is 3D again so you are looking and focusing in to the distance same you would in reality. Wouldn't mind researching some actual facts - I am short sighted and have no issues, but have had a long sighted friend try it and couldn't see for shit as they needed their glasses on, but again same in reality. There is some spacers in the box to allow for glasses but not yet fiddled with it as not needed to.

10 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Honestly with virtual desktop or the VR firefox it's just like being in a movie theater.

41 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Played Thrill of the Fight there. 3 fights. Feel like I've burned 5000 calories. Incredible game for the price. 

I am fucked. :lol:

:lol: Feel like a proper middle aged man playing it. Heaving.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Played Thrill of the Fight there. 3 fights. Feel like I've burned 5000 calories. Incredible game for the price. 

I am fucked. :lol:

I've played it almost daily for last 3 weeks. Love it. See my post above if you haven't. You will surprise yourself and start turning 1 or 2 minute fights in to 5 x 3 minute ones. For £7.99 it's excellent value.

Trying to best them all on endurance, doing OK - mid way through on the Mexican bloke. Completed all on easy and normal. Done the opening sparring guy on outclassed, but fear that will break me on some of these fighters!

Even if I finish it, you can do custom fights in such detail. Going to build up to proper 12 rounds of 3 minutes with only 30 seconds break. Try to get my cardio up to what real length is like.

19 minutes ago, hakka said:

I've played it almost daily for last 3 weeks. Love it

Aye I found it very enjoyable and can see myself playing it a lot in the future. I actually ordered a silicone cover for the headset as the amount of sweat soaking into the sponge was disgusting. :lol:

4 hours ago, hakka said:

I don't know the issue with eyes in terms of facts for VR, but from experience of using one its about focus. If you sit front of a screen your focus is on screen distance to face. With VR your focus is 3D again so you are looking and focusing in to the distance same you would in reality. Wouldn't mind researching some actual facts - I am short sighted and have no issues, but have had a long sighted friend try it and couldn't see for shit as they needed their glasses on, but again same in reality. There is some spacers in the box to allow for glasses but not yet fiddled with it as not needed to.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Honestly with virtual desktop or the VR firefox it's just like being in a movie theater.

I find it hard to get my head around how it can be like that, I haven't even tried VR. I want to give it a go somewhere first in case I have a seizure or some shit :lol: (I live alone and am paranoid about this stuff now)

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Aye I found it very enjoyable and can see myself playing it a lot in the future. I actually ordered a silicone cover for the headset as the amount of sweat soaking into the sponge was disgusting. :lol:

I got the free one Oculus were sending out due to folk having an allergic reaction to the sponge. It was awful actually ended up taking it off as it was painfully uncomfortable.

14 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

I got the free one Oculus were sending out due to folk having an allergic reaction to the sponge. It was awful actually ended up taking it off as it was painfully uncomfortable.

The reviews for this are good. Got it off Amazon for a tenner so will see how it goes.

Found myself thinking about TotF all day like. :lol: Can't wait for another go on it. 

17 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: Feel like a proper middle aged man playing it. Heaving.

I did some weeding on Monday and my hamstrings still hurt like a motherfucker this morning. Christ knows how long I’d last with VR boxing before i keeled over.

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I did some weeding on Monday and my hamstrings still hurt like a motherfucker this morning. Christ knows how long I’d last with VR boxing before i keeled over.

:lol: I can answer. One round. You'll feel genuinely concerned standing in the corner.

15 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I find it hard to get my head around how it can be like that, I haven't even tried VR. I want to give it a go somewhere first in case I have a seizure or some shit :lol: (I live alone and am paranoid about this stuff now)

cgvi9YZ.jpg

:dontknow:

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I can answer. One round. You'll feel genuinely concerned standing in the corner.

:lol: I was fighting someone last night and thought it was 2x3 minute rounds. 1 minute left in the "last" round and I went all out trying to KO him. When I realised there was a third round I was nearly sick. :lol:

I feel like a prime Tyson when I'm in the game mind. I'm just dreading the day when my wife records me and I see what I really look like.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: I was fighting someone last night and thought it was 2x3 minute rounds. 1 minute left in the "last" round and I went all out trying to KO him. When I realised there was a third round I was nearly sick. :lol:

I feel like a prime Tyson when I'm in the game mind. I'm just dreading the day when my wife records me and I see what I really look like.

Hahaha, wait to you get to 5 x 3 minute round opposition! If you score a two knock down and have 2 mins left you can't help "going for it" to finish it early. If you make it great, but if you don't, then fuck, you're a mess... and that one minute before going again vanishes well before you are ready :lol:

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I feel like a hot girl at a rave when I'm beat sabering but I know it's just a seal doing tricks for fish outside the headset.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

cgvi9YZ.jpg

:dontknow:

Looks class, I'd love that, it's just having not tried VR I can't get my head around how it can look like that, or how it can have that kind of depth and not feel like you're looking at something a few inches away. I believe you, I just can't imagine it!