VR

Willow

Apparently it's €699 in Ireland. :lol:

Ridiculously high price point, but they'll likely still sell decent numbers at launch. I don't expect the average gamer/consumer to jump at that price though. I really hope that the PSVR is much more moderately priced. If either Sony or HTC come in at around £200-300, they'll sell very well.

Apparently it's €699 in Ireland. :lol:

Ridiculously high price point, but they'll likely still sell decent numbers at launch. I don't expect the average gamer/consumer to jump at that price though. I really hope that the PSVR is much more moderately priced. If either Sony or HTC come in at around £200-300, they'll sell very well.

yeah they can go to fucking hell with that price

Oculus Rift is going to be a niche product going by the recommended PC specs. The majority of people use tablets, smart phones, laptops, low spec PCs and games consoles. Apart from dedicated PC gamers not many people will have a PC with good enough specs to use Oculus Rift.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater

Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater

Memory: 8GB+ RAM

Output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output

Input: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port

Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer

So you use it for xbox, but need a pc for it?

No. It comes with an Xbox One controller to use with a PC.

Ordered, at the end of the day even if I decide not to keep it I can likely sell it for much more than I'm paying.  I got a DK2 when it came out for £300, played with it for a month and sold it on ebay for £750.  New orders for this have already slipped to May, so I'm sure I can find someone desperate enough to give me loads of cash for mine if I decide to sell :)

Anyway looking forward to getting it, the DK2 was great and CV1 looks to be improved in every way.

I always felt the £350 price point they mentioned was unrealistic for the technology involved like. Having played on one I think £500's pretty fair; VR will completely reshape gaming once it becomes mainstream, the level of immersion is completely unmatched and it'll open up brand new genres and all sorts. If the final model eliminates motion sickness I'll be all over it me.

I might be wrong but i feel gaming is just a gateway with VR and it's more interesting possibilities involve other things entirely. I don't particularly believe that gaming will be considered it's main use a few years down the line when people have it in their homes.

• 1 month later...

Having all that cash would make me invest at least 30 mins a day to be sans-moobs.

But, maybe it's the ill-fitting primark tee. Sorry Facebook boss.

He works out, to be fair:

"Staying in shape is very important. Doing anything well requires energy, and you just have a lot more energy when you're fit," he responded. "I make sure I work out at least three times a week — usually first thing when I wake up. I also try to take my dog running whenever I can, which has the added bonus of being hilarious because that basically like seeing a mop run."