VR

Willow

Curious to see where Sony come in on price. They could conceivably go into the same $600 -$800 range as Occulus and HTC, but I really hope it's sub $500.

Expect it to cost the same as the PS4 when it was launched, which was $400 IIRC.

• 3 weeks later...

It is tempting at that price (compared with the other headsets) but I'm not being an early adopter this time, been stung too many times.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't come packed with the PS4 camera, which is required.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anybody on here use any VR headsets - looks like this thread hasn’t had a huge amount of activity.

I’ve had a PsVR for a couple of years now and it’s pretty impressive, would seriously recommend it considering the huge price drop. Decided to upgrade and just had my despatch date confirmed for the Valve Index. Anyone recommend any PC VR games that aren’t on PSVR?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Krafthwerk

Does anybody on here use any VR headsets - looks like this thread hasn’t had a huge amount of activity.

I’ve had a PsVR for a couple of years now and it’s pretty impressive, would seriously recommend it considering the huge price drop. Decided to upgrade and just had my despatch date confirmed for the Valve Index. Anyone recommend any PC VR games that aren’t on PSVR?

I'm basically a PC sim gamer these day. I use me headset for race sim/games like rFactor2, Assetto Corsa  and AC Competitione, Dirt Rally, Raceroom, Project Cars 2 etc or Flight Sims like IL2 Sturmovik Series, and FSX Fly Inside. Favourite non sim games on VR are probably the Serious Sam series and Quiver.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Better quality screens, etc. PSVR is great, for the experience of VR, but the visual quality is dogshit.

Housemate has just gotten an Index. The quality is insane compared to a PSVR. Spent the first few mins just pissing around moving my hands and looking at the finger tracking.

Better quality screens, etc. PSVR is great, for the experience of VR, but the visual quality is dogshit.

Housemate has just gotten an Index. The quality is insane compared to a PSVR. Spent the first few mins just pissing around moving my hands and looking at the finger tracking.

Current price £999.

Is your housemate Prince Harry?

Current price £999.

Is your housemate Prince Harry?

Fortunately for Valve there's still hods of single, middle aged IT professionals with money to burn on this sort of thing.

• 5 months later...

Oh, wow, there was a VR thread I could have been using instead of gunking up NWOAT.

This is amazing for a tenner, especially multiplayer.  Each hole has a "lost ball" hidden somewherewith unique colours or patterns you can add to your collection so when others are taking your shot you can look for it and it's cool to be the one to find it and point it out so everyone gets to get it.  Been playing with a mate from the pub tonight and does actually feel like going for a round of mini golf.

That would be decent to play with the kids :thup:

Is it PC or headset loaded?

Either, it's on the Quest store and Steam.  Obviously really simple but the physics are so tight, genuinely does feel like playing a real round of mini golf.

It is really amazing what games are available for VR now. However, I am still waiting for a ffull RPG experience! I won't mind the next Fallout game being in VR! Imagine Cyberpunk or Farcry being VR!

Walking Dead Saints & Sinners apparently goes much more into depth on RPG kind of stuff and character relationships than has previously been the case in VR games.  Asgard's Wrath is also a proper RPG I think, but required a decent PC as it's beyond all-in-one headsets. I got it fgor free as a bonus for connecting my Q2 to my PC on but haven't tried it yet, slightly put off by the 80gb install. Stuff like Skyrim has of course been ported to VR but not sure how suited it'll be compared to stuff built for VR from the ground up.