Nigel Adkins sacked. Mauricio Pochettino appointed new Southampton manager

Fenham Mag

I just get more sick of football (in this country) every week. They were winless and bottom during October, and he's now got them playing well and getting results with a very mediocre group of players. It's absolutely ridiculous. He comes across as a very nice guy, I feel sorry for him.

If he can get sacked then surely after tomorrow Pardew can.

Showing my ignorance here but I have not heard of the new guy.  Any good?

Did a so-so job with Espanyol before getting sacked after a horrible start to this season. Had virtually no resources though and was a club legend so not a similar situation at all.

On the plus side he might sign loads of South Americans. :fwap:

Wonder if the reactions to this would be similar on other club's boards if we binned Pardew. Scandalous, they finished 5th last season etc.

More similar to when we sacked Hughton although probs worse as he had successive promotions.

Wonder if the reactions to this would be similar on other club's boards if we binned Pardew. Scandalous, they finished 5th last season etc.

Have wondered that myself. Hopefully the more discerning football connoisseur would realise how shit we've been and how utterly abysmal some of our stats are.

Guest neesy111

I think it would TBH, not many people outside of this forum are even talking about sacking Pardew.

That's complete utter bollocks.

Showing my ignorance here but I have not heard of the new guy.  Any good?

Did a so-so job with Espanyol before getting sacked after a horrible start to this season. Had virtually no resources though.

He'd lost the dressing room though, before that he'd done brilliantly with the (s***) team he had. He plays simple but effective counterattacking football, setting his teams to be hard to beat, etc... I suppose he should fit in the PL. But it's always a risk changing horses midstream. Southampton were really improving.