Why has nobody started a thread moaning about the lack of Forum Awards yet?

Interpolic

Which new categories Disco?  Let's have a geet interesting conversation about it, who cares what the overlords think?

Mainly more controversial ones to get a bit of tension rising:

Who would you most like to see banned, biggest try-hard, least funny poster etc. (fully aware I could be a candidate for all)

Which new categories Disco?  Let's have a geet interesting conversation about it, who cares what the overlords think?

Who would you most like to see banned, biggest try-hard, least funny poster etc. (fully aware I could be a candidate for all)

Finally, an award I could win. :smitten:

Yeah, stuff like that would be alright.  Person that most makes you want to stab biros into your own eyes would be good.

I think the nominations bit should be private, in which case you'd see the true nominees for each category.

Biggest dweeb award. :thup:

And in case you lose that, biggest fan of rubbish trilogies (from Ireland).

Who the hell says dweeb anymore? :lol:

Reckon I have the best avatar  :bluestar:(after Dave)

Is anyone actually going to volunteer to do this?

It's not that hard unless you're a useless shit like myself.  :yao:

I'll do it, depends on how many spare hours I'd need though.  I worked 55+ hours last week and the next few weeks also look bad, but if it won't take me ages I'll do it.  If it does take time then maybe I'll put my hand up another year.

Dweeb is a funny word because people don't say it much anymore you dicksplash.  And what the fuck is your avatar, just looks like some nondescript geeky shit.

I'll do it, depends on how many spare hours I'd need though.  I worked 55+ hours last week and the next few weeks also look bad, but if it won't take me ages I'll do it.

Dweeb is a funny word because people don't say it much anymore you dicksplash.  And what the fuck is your avatar, just looks like some nondescript geeky shit.

I forgot you're a filthy hipster.

Its Natalie Portman ffs. Who the hell doesn't know who Natalie Portman is ffs?

Think you'd do a good job of the awards for what its worth. Cunt.

I'll do it, depends on how many spare hours I'd need though.  I worked 55+ hours last week and the next few weeks also look bad, but if it won't take me ages I'll do it.

:lol: :lol:

How am I meant to tell it's Na-Ports from here, man?  It's tiny and it just looks like some geeky shit.

Nice way to make the nomination process less time consuming would probably be to have one topic listing all topics to nominate in, and people just c&p'ing into a PM sending the host their nominations for each subject. Kinda like:

[b]Worst host in N-O Award history:[/b]

Wheras the host would get: 

Worst host in N-O Award history: Kaizero

Would end up getting tons of the same people being nominated, but at least the entire forum won't be up for each award. Maybe have people need to nominate two or three people/threads/events for each subject so best foreign poster won't end up being Mike winning by default.

How am I meant to tell it's Na-Ports from here, man?  It's tiny and it just looks like some geeky shit.

Maybe my obsession with her isn't normal then...  :undecided:

I agree, I think that's completely the best bet.  Maybe have a bit of conversation about what the award categories should be, then do it in PMs to the host like Kaizero says (no nominations) and the host sorts it out from there, giving the order of votes once counted.

Either that or you do it that way then the host gives you the top 3 to then vote between, because it is quite nice going through and ticking a box for each category.  Think Kaizero's suggestion is best though.

:spit:

I agree, I think that's completely the best bet.  Maybe have a bit of conversation about what the award categories should be, then do it in PMs to the host like Kaizero says (no nominations) and the host sorts it out from there, giving the order of votes once counted.

Either that or you do it that way then the host gives you the top 3 to then vote between, because it is quite nice going through and ticking a box for each category.  Think Kaizero's suggestion is best though.

Yeah. Think the most interesting thing for the general member would be the top 3 vote you mentioned as there's some excitment in seeing who's up against who for what before a winner is announced, but the easiest one to do for a host would be the PM only/winners announced one.

:thup:

If we do it one of those ways then I'd volunteer this time as it doesn't seem that much work and I could stack it up and do it after work or at the weekend.  I just don't check the forum during work hours much and couldn't devote loads of time to it in that respect.

Only pitfall I could think of is that perhaps if you think about it practically, e.g. best chat thread...  I think if it's a form then people would generally just go "Oh, I dunno, "Some Vaguely Amusing Internet Jocularity" then I suppose" because the conversation isn't there to spark memories of less known but possibly better threads.  In that case, it might be worth having a discussion thread for a few days first to get people thinking.

You can tell I work in marketing. :lol: