Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest Dontooner

Remy is a more powerful player in the likes of Martins that could hold off players when they start running.

Gouffran is more like a fox in the box like Cisse, however has a alot more pace and a quicker shot.

The difference is a Striker being able to take and run at players scoring (Remy) and a player that will need more clever runs to be on top of the situation(Gouffran).

Think for him to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with us will depend on how he plays like a wing forward where he creates space and helps with assists as well.

Tbh , i have not seen him play that position before, so far the position he plays is exactly like Cisse's. Would we see another Ba and Cisse situation would depend on how he plays on the wing. (bellamy is a good example of someone that is more than a striker)

Remy is a more powerful player in the likes of Martins that could hold off players when they start running.

Gouffran is more like a fox in the box like Cisse, however has a alot more pace and a quicker shot.

The difference is a Striker being able to take and run at players scoring (Remy) and a player that will need more clever runs to be on top of the situation(Gouffran).

Think for him to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with us will depend on how he plays like a wing forward where he creates space and helps with assists as well.

Tbh , i have not seen him play that position before, so far the position he plays is exactly like Cisse's. Would we see another Ba and Cisse situation would depend on how he plays on the wing. (bellamy is a good example of someone that is more than a striker)

Agree, he is a Cisse with a bit more pace and less offsides.  Glad we got another forward in, but not expecting him to pull up trees. 

"No, it's not quite true - I'm not allergic to grass!" he laughed.

Glad we've cleared that one up.

The whole thing has been ridiculous, even if he was allergic to grass he would clearly have found a way to manage it.

Guest Roger Kint

"No, it's not quite true - I'm not allergic to grass!" he laughed.

Glad we've cleared that one up.

I am willing to bet we havent like :lol:

Cheers for the info.

Perhaps they will share the duties and switch during the game?  Ba and Cisse did it a bit last season and Shola :lol: and Cisse have alternated this season as well.

I can't say he stood out when we played them.  But from the videos I've seen and what I saw that night, I would say he's more suited to a wide role than Ba and certainly more suited than Shola FFS  :huff:

It would be nice to see a bit of fluidity, intelligence and movement though.  We're far too rigid and just play in straight lines and channels most the time.

Assuming we sign Sissoko.  I'm hoping that Marv can do a job out wide whilst HBA is still out.  As he makes clever runs and uses the ball well compared to Obertan, the Ameobi bros and Jonas.  Just praying we don't rely on Jonas, but he seems to be undroppable.

Think Gouffran will prove to be a better signing than Remy tbh. Think Gouffran's a better fit mentally as he basically flattered to deceive for most his career when I used to watch Ligue 1 regularly a couple of years back but by all accounts in the past few seasons he's started to properly perform.

Remy's a bigger talent but done poorly this season and, no offence to QPR, has made the wrong footballing choice moving there.

Think Gouffran will prove to be a better signing than Remy tbh. Think Gouffran's a better fit mentally as he basically flattered to deceive for most his career when I used to watch Ligue 1 regularly a couple of years back but by all accounts in the past few seasons he's started to properly perform.

Remy's a bigger talent but done poorly this season and, no offence to QPR, has made the wrong footballing choice moving there.

It's very hard to predict really though isn't it. Remy might have a blinder but still fail to keep QPR up whereas Gouffran might really struggle to adapt. Or vice versa completely. You've raised a good point though that we're getting a player who is in form, is hungry and seems to have a good worth ethic which is exactly what we need at the moment.

"Papiss Cisse and I played against each other when he was at Metz in France and he is someone who has really made a lot of progress here at Newcastle and he has scored some great goals.

"I had a chat with him this morning for the first time. We get on really well. He's a great guy and I have no worries that we can definitely play together well."

Really hope Papiss can form a nice partnership with Yoan, it's critical these two work well together.