Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

He's a fucking poacher played out wide and in other daft positions.

If he's played in the centre, he will become a useful squad player for us at this level. (should be moved on next year if we go up)

I don't see the need to become so negative about him right now. So fucking tedious.

I don't see the need to become so negative about him right now. So fucking tedious.

Likewise I don't see the need to become so positive about him because he's rattled the crossbar and then skyed two other chances. :lol: At least in my case the negativity is more of a reaction to the unfounded hopes he's going to accomplish anything, rather than just being mean for the sake of it. 

He's played a big part in our last few wins if only for his running and movement. Not going to knock him for that, especially as he's only playing because of injuries. That shot was a piledriver, I did a double take when I saw it was him who unleashed it.

Isn't it more a massive offer for Gouffran himself - Rafa said as much in an article I read earlier.  At his age and in the last year of his contract, if another club offers you a good contract for 3 or 4 years, you have to consider it.

The environment was not right for them in that they were in the Premier League and now they're in the Championship

:laugh: True. But every single one of us know that each generation of the squad has suffered from the culture at the club pre-Rafa. Not to absolve them of any kind of blame, btw. I was happy to see loads of new faces in the team at the weekend. The only player remaining from my previous trip to SJP was actually Gouffran. 

Obviously the lower level is a part of it, but we all know how difficult it has been to be a newcastle player over the last few seasons. It doesn't mean Gouffran is mint but it means he might be slightly better than he looked playing as an auxiliary fullback in a shit team at a shit club.

Think its bigger than the coaching. It was painfully obvious the club had no ambitions and didn't want to move forward. That's only ever going to have a negative effect on players. Why bother trying for a club that won't try for itself?

Think its bigger than the coaching. It was painfully obvious the club had no ambitions and didn't want to move forward. That's only ever going to have a negative effect on players. Why bother trying for a club that won't try for itself?

He did try, he was just awful

Good quote, i really think a lot of players we've had were not bad, they were just coached and managed by clueless twats.

This has been suggested previously on here and when you consider the environment involved the likes of Pardew, Carver and his pie eating friends then it would only be a fool who would disagree with Rafa.