Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Got more than our monies worth out of the lad. Played everywhere he was asked to play and always did his best. No off field problems and never disrespected the fans or the club. No world beater but far from being one of our worst signings.

Good luck to him.

Exactly this!

I was very happy with his performances as a forward when he arrived. Absolutely full blown aids on the left wing though. I'm so happy we wont ever see him, Dummett and Colback together in our team again as thats been the biggest bonerkiller of the decade

Got more than our monies worth out of the lad. Played everywhere he was asked to play and always did his best. No off field problems and never disrespected the fans or the club. No world beater but far from being one of our worst signings.

Good luck to him.

Exactly this!

Absolutely

I have no problems with Gouffran as a person or professional, but as a player his signing was indicative of our transfer policy and lack of ambition. He's a non-event of a player, who's played far too much football for NUFC.

Good luck to him.

Well said. :thup:

Good luck to him.

This. :thup:

People say 'we got more than our monies worth from you', but I would have had to watch you live 342,857.13 times to just about cover your salary, not including cheaper cup games.

Financially I would have struggled, and honesty the 10s of times I did watch you start games was enough. Godspeed fella, but I still think I'd have been better off investing in Beanie Babies for entertainment value.

Guest neesy111

Don't get the always tried his hardest stuff about him.  2nd half of the 13/14 season I saw him constantly not putting his foot into challenges etc.  Found his level in the championship for 1/2 a season.

He was a symptom in that we should never be signing players of his quality, but that's not his fault. Did what he could in whatever position he was asked to play, stuck it out and eventually contributed a little bit in the Championship.

I have no problems with Gouffran as a person or professional, but as a player his signing was indicative of our transfer policy and lack of ambition. He's a non-event of a player, who's played far too much football for NUFC.

:thup:

Indeed.