Possible fringe players to loan out?

morla84

This influx of players will no doubt mean a few of the fringe players can go out on loan, who do you think will go out?

I reckon a few from the following:

Amalfitano

Sammy

Fergy

Tavernier

Dummett

Abeid

Campbell?

I'd at least expect Dummett to go back out, if we secure Haidara. All of the mentioned could do good with some extra experience.

Really hope Campbell gets a go though, he needs some first team football to become the new local legend.

I think this a decent point and it's probably part of the consideration when we're making so many deals.

Ferguson and Sammy in particular are crying out for loan spells at a decent level where they'll be able to play. If they do go they'll hopefully rediscover that raw confidence they both had when they came into the team.

Tavernier already has good experience away from NUFC although it probably hasn't seem him push on as hoped, so you'd imagine he'd be off somewhere again as well - Championship level this time with a bit of luck.

Dummett back to St. Mirren probably goes without saying, while Abeid and Amalfitano probably need to go somewhere and perform well if they want to have any chance of forging any kind of career here.

Campbell is a more difficult one as there probably aren't too many clubs at a strong level who would be willing to gamble on him and play him enough, so he may be better off staying here where he'll be involved with training amongst the first-team and playing regularly for the U21's. If there is an attractive offer for him then we should definitely jump on it too.

In addition to those mentioned Ranger could do with going somewhere to get him in the shop window to try and shift him while he appears to "want" to be a footballer again.

It is a disgrace in my opinion that Ferguson still hasn't been out on loan once in his career. He desperately needs it.

Nile Ranger should probably stay here. Shola is injury-prone and he honestly might be a better option than him in some matches, despite the questionable status of his mental health.

I'd keep Dummett as full-back cover and let Ferguson have the rest of the season out on loan. Depending on what we do with Good I'd probably send Tavernier out to the Championship also.

Abeid I would loan out and if we sign another forward player on top of Gouffran I'd send Sammy anarl, he's probably the most desperate for a loan.

Guest Roger Kint

Fergy, Sammy, Abeid, Campbell, Dummet and Tav.

I'd keep Amalfitano, would eb good to see him in the team a bit more, get him integrated. Get him some time off the bench,

He cant even get on the bench so there zero chance he will get any minutes outside of Europe this season. Far better for him to play regular football.

Good point, Gouffran is cup-tied and only one out of Debuchy and Mbiwa can play. I imagine players like Perch, Raylor, Saylor, Williamson, Shola will feature though and the younger players will still go out on loan

Dear Newcastle United,

Please parcel up Adam Campbell and send him over the Tyne for 6 months of Conference football to toughen him up (worked for Tav & Dummett).

There's a good lad,

Gateshead FC

Bigi should stay, he shows composure beyond his years and is more than capable of coming on as a sub against lesser teams and playing in cup competitions. The rest of the youngsters can all go on loan if we buy Sissoko, Haideria and Gouffran. Apart from Ranger, Ranger should be sacked.

Fergy, Sammy, Abeid, Campbell, Dummet and Tav.

I'd keep Amalfitano, would eb good to see him in the team a bit more, get him integrated. Get him some time off the bench,

He cant even get on the bench so there zero chance he will get any minutes outside of Europe this season. Far better for him to play regular football.

Decent point. He's 23, though, don't like loaning out older players unless they're surplus to requirements.

Challenge will be finding the right clubs and the right level for the fringe players we want to loan out. Ameobi, Ferguson, Dummett, Tavernier, Amalfitano and Abeid would probably all need to move to a Championship club for the move to be worth their while, which is challenging as their are only so many clubs who need young players on loan and 20 Premier League clubs who are looking to loan their promising youngster to them.

Hopefully a couple will get the right moves. The one who needs it more than any other is Ameobi. Seems to have pretty good raw talent but limited footballing brain which would surely improve by playing every week.