Formidable!    :laugh:

"Ah, mes amis

Vous auriez dû nous voir comme nous sommes allés

Nous avons passé les gens sur la route tels qu'ils étaient

Les filles ont perdu leurs crinolines, et les voiles qui cachent leurs visages

En longeant la rue Scotswood

Pour voir les courses de Blaydon"

:clap:

As much as I think it's a problem that we have too many players of a single (non-English speaking) nationality, it's also probably true that we wouldn't be getting these bargains anywhere else.

I have no doubt that this window is the result of identifying France as a promising market and investing several years of focused time and effort in embedding scouts and establishing personal relationships with agents and club officials in the country, shaping the conditions for future good deals.

It's a new, innovative effort for a club of our size to be trying something like this. Too long the selection of transfer targets have been dictated by the manager's personal whims and agents hawking around their clients. Hopefully we'll be able to expand this network to other countries in the future.

I don't understand the "passion" argument of some pundits. As long as we have coaching staff that can communicate the importance of derbies it wont be a problem. To be fair its pretty hard to live in or around Newcastle and not see and feel the importance of the Derby within the community.

Yet again its easy to blame us then address the real problems within English football. While we are getting nearly five players quality for the price of a young english player like Zaha we are laughing and I wouldn't have it any other way as long as they give their all on the pitch.

I have no doubt that this window is the result of identifying France as a promising market and investing several years of focused time and effort in embedding scouts and establishing personal relationships with agents and club officials in the country, shaping the conditions for future good deals.

It's a new, innovative effort for a club of our size to be trying something like this. Too long the selection of transfer targets have been dictated by the manager's personal whims and agents hawking around their clients. Hopefully we'll be able to expand this network to other countries in the future.

Completely agree with this, and as much as many of us on here think that this buying spree in january is a result of our p*ss poor league position and fear of relegation, I think we were also waiting to catch a lot of these guys with six months left on their contract. Wasn't Sissoko rated at 8-10 million not too long ago? We're getting him cheap because his club would rather have 2-3m than nothing at all.

I think this might be half panic-buying half master-plan at the end of the day.

Completely agree with this, and as much as many of us on here think that this buying spree in january is a result of our p*ss poor league position and fear of relegation, I think we were also waiting to catch a lot of these guys with six months left on their contract. Wasn't Sissoko rated at 8-10 million not too long ago? We're getting him cheap because his club would rather have 2-3m than nothing at all.

I think this might be half panic-buying half master-plan at the end of the day.

Absolutely, its a moot point but if we had got the same players in the Summer we would have paid around double. Whilst it was a gamble, that still might cost us, waiting until now means we have certainly profited from a price perspective.

The passion argument is bull because pundits haven't a clue about our new players' personalities. MYM and Sissoko are great professionals and the former is a real winner in terms of mentality.

The argument is bull. I mean look at Tiote

http://e0.365dm.com/11/02/660x350/tiote_2559156.jpg

Don't see a lack of passion there.

'Passion' is a strange term that can mean a whole lot of things. What I want is 100% effort in training and on a match day. If you call that passion then I don't see any reason to believe our new signings won't have it. By all accounts we seem to be paying more attention to players' character than ever before.

Guest tollemache

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is the model for me, in terms of expectations you should realistically have of a professional footballer. He freely admits he has no special feelings for Tottenham and sees football as his job and nothing more. However he accepts that in the course of that job he has to be prepared to break a leg if it means it'll help Tottenham win. He's more than determined enough to be a good footballer without having to be in love with the company he works for, or its fans.

There's a good interview he gave to that effect online somewhere. Plus I had a pint with a respected French journalist and he said he was an awesome fella. Unlike Belhadj, who by all accounts is a cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

When they say passion, what they obviously really mean is the bulldog spirit of the English, which is stereotypical nonsense, imo.

I just hope we make a hard charge in Europa now that we have some depth. We can still win something goddamnit!

Can we register all the players in the Europa (minus cup tied players like Gouffran obviously)? I thought there was a maximum number of new players you can add? I think only 1 or 2 more tops but not sure....

I just hope we make a hard charge in Europa now that we have some depth. We can still win something goddamnit!

Can we register all the players in the Europa (minus cup tied players like Gouffran obviously)? I thought there was a maximum number of new players you can add? I think only 1 or 2 more tops but not sure....

We're allowed to add 3 more, but only one who's played in the CL this season - meaning we'd have to pick one of Debuchy or Yanga-Mbiwa.

So it'll be Sissoko, Haidara and one of Debuchy/MYM.

We're allowed to add 3 more, but only one who's played in the CL this season - meaning we'd have to pick one of Debuchy or Yanga-Mbiwa.

So it'll be Sissoko, Haidara and one of Debuchy/MYM.

Would have to be MYM!

Our team vs Villa when we went down

Harper

Edgar

Duff

Nolan

Coloccini

Steven Taylor

Guthrie

Butt

Lovenkrands

Viduka

Martins

Some British players there with no heart. The whole "you need British players for relegation battle" is total bull

Guest tunisia

----------------------------Krul

----------Yanga---------- Colo---------- Taylor

Debuchy ----------------------------------------- Santon

--------------------------Cabaye

---------Tiote ------------------------ Sissoko

------------------Ben Arfa-----Cissé

ny that he would have 5 or 6 French in case Cissé is not like it would Gouffran

------------------Ben Arf-----Cissé

ny that he would have 4 or 5 French in case Cissé is not like it would Gouffran

Why would you play Tiote further up the field than Cabaye?

Guest tunisia

------------------Ben Arf-----Cissé

ny that he would have 4 or 5 French in case Cissé is not like it would Gouffran

Why would you play Tiote further up the field than Cabaye?

Cabaye is a good playmaker, he would make a very good link between defense and attack.

he has already three central defenders behind him, and two defensive mileux before him.

it recovers faster and the ball defense that will stop and throw the ball as is the case for some time to better organize the game Newcastle must learn to do his play calmly and intelligently organizes his game

thus, the defense may give the ball to Cabaye who is close to them, it will be in-depth passes mainly Ben Arfa and Cissé is traded on the Dubuchy and Santon, like two days to go and attack which will be less in situations of attack against dangerous because they are three central defenders covering them.

Tioté Sissoko and when to have two players who are much enormously and hinder the enemy mileux. I will put before Cabaye for two reasons, the first is that before putting Cabaye ie after mileu field that forces the opponent to back down and be more difficult to move forward, put three central defenders and just after two defensive mileux risk to play defensively Newcastle too and make more mistakes, while moving would be better to have the game in hand, the second reason behind having Ben Arfa will enable the attacker be less defensive work in which fatigue and makes it less productive for the attack, and he can afford more risk most important attack with two players who protects in case of error.

I do not know if my message is well explained