Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks far from the finished article from that Thauvin vs Bordeaux youtube vid.

From watching that vid, I think he may be looked at as Hatem's understudy. Looks like he wants to make things happen and has great feet when on the ball. Agreed not the finished article, but well worth 4mil (if that's what's been quoted) just on potential.

Has a great cross on him, loves to run at the opponent and get them back-peddling. Not the finished product but a very exciting prospect, has a surprisingly good work rate too.

On my FIFA Ultimate Team, anyway.

Guest VanBarduck

I saw someone describe him as a 'young Ben Arfa' on here. Whoever it was, may it be so.

Was it Wonder dar Duck or whatever it was? :lol:

It was me yes  ;D

Guest VanBarduck

He's a left-footed winger , according to his coach he can play everywhere upfront even as second striker , very skillfull , good technic , what impress me the most is how he run with the ball as his feet , very Robben-Ben Arfa style , he's second best dribbler in France (opta) .

I don't know if his up there with Ben Arfa in terms of talent ( Ben Arfa was already famous at 12yearsl old) , but he's very disciplined , he's already an hard worker , his young carreer was almost over 2 years ago cause of reluctant back problems , but that's over and that gave him confidence and strenght , he's from the very talented generation of Pogba , Varane all born in 93 , but this generation is already mature ( the 87 with nasri , benzema , HBA and menez was not )

Anyway if Wenger want him , we should go after him..

Didn't you say you watched that video? Is it not incredibly obvious how he plays and what his preferred foot is?

5 minutes on Youtube and I can't therefore ask somebody's opinion who may have seen him live multiple times? Rightio..

Edit: thanks VanBarPunk

Just amazed you couldn't tell he was left-footed and liked dribbling with the ball from that footage. Although maybe I should know better by now.

:dontknow:

What the fuck? In that very blurry clip on my iPhone he seemed to play mostly left wing, but also seemed to pup up centrally and wide right. I noticed he scored both with his left foot, where in one case it was perhaps easier to convert with his right, but then again I read on some other website he was rightfooted mainly. It was pretty clear he liked dribbling yes, but he didn't look Robben fast to me. So yes, that five minute clip was more than nothing when it comes to forming an opinion, but again, I don't see how watching a youtube vid means I can't ask a poster who has seen more of him some additional details. Sorry to have offended you like.. :idiot2:

Guest VanBarduck

Just amazed you couldn't tell he was left-footed and liked dribbling with the ball from that footage. Although maybe I should know better by now.

:dontknow:

What the f***? In that very blurry clip on my iPhone he seemed to play mostly left wing, but also seemed to pup up centrally and wide right. I noticed he scored both with his left foot, where in one case it was perhaps easier to convert with his right, but then again I read on some other website he was rightfooted mainly. It was pretty clear he liked dribbling yes, but he didn't look Robben fast to me. So yes, that five minute clip was more than nothing when it comes to forming an opinion, but again, I don't see how watching a youtube vid means I can't ask a poster who has seen more of him some additional details. Sorry to have offended you like.. :idiot2:

Remember he's only 19 , he'll flesh out/beef up with times , Ben Arfa was shown video of him during his interview on BeInSport a week ago , he said he was impressed by the kid and also Pardew love that kind player , who tries often and doesn't hesitate to push forward every times he gets the ball..

Done some Dennis Wise scouting and he looks like a real talent to me - very raw though so a summer transfer might make more sense. Doesn't seem massively quick and his dribbling, while good, is a bit rough around the edges, but he plays with aggression, intensity and confidence in the little clip i saw. there's something almost old fashioned about how he plays in that he's purely direct unlike some of today's more polished but less imaginative players.