Which Signing (or Link) are you Most Excited About?

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The genuine depth is what I am most excited about... so much for throwing in the Europa League we might be considering going for it.

Good point, I'd forgotten all about the Europa actually, we may have enough steam to do well.

I just want to say that as well these reinforcements being great for potentially helping us out of a crap league position, it really shows the current players our ambition. This can't be overlooked really, as we've read about HBA wanting the club to show progression for example, and the guys we've bought in must seem like a breath of fresh air to them. Especially the frenchies for obvious reasons. I think if we hadn't had a positive window, you'd have seen a slow influx of negative stories relating to player unrest, heads being turned, things going downhill, etc, etc.....this is a signal of intent that never happened last summer. I'm chuffed and can't wait to see how it all unfolds, seeing we have a lot more options to choose from now.

Indeed. Agree with every bit.

I just want to say that as well these reinforcements being great for potentially helping us out of a crap league position, it really shows the current players our ambition. This can't be overlooked really, as we've read about HBA wanting the club to show progression for example, and the guys we've bought in must seem like a breath of fresh air to them. Especially the frenchies for obvious reasons. I think if we hadn't had a positive window, you'd have seen a slow influx of negative stories relating to player unrest, heads being turned, things going downhill, etc, etc.....this is a signal of intent that never happened last summer. I'm chuffed and can't wait to see how it all unfolds, seeing we have a lot more options to choose from now.

Spot on.

Willow nails it  :snod:

The genuine depth is what I am most excited about... so much for throwing in the Europa League we might be considering going for it.

A second string XI now looks far better:

Elliot

R Taylor    Williamson  S Taylor    Haidara

Bigi      Tiote    Gutierrez

Gouffran                                    Thauvin

Shola

We even have enough depth for a third string:

Harper

Simpson      Perch      Good    Ferguson

Gosling  Amalfitano  Vuckic

Obertan                                  Sammy

Campbell

....meaning Ranger, Tavernier and Abeid aren't even third choice - though I guess departures for Simpson and Gosling aren't too far off. Mind blowing stuff.

Anyone else been grinning like a loon most of the week due to all of these signings?

I can't wait until the next game, even though I know it's going to be pretty unpredictable..

I'd maybe go with something like this myself..

Krul

Debs        Mbiwa        Colo      Santon

Sissoko      Cabaye    Anita

Gouffran  Cisse  Marveux

Post your Villa line-ups!

I voted for Le goof. I know sissoko, Debuchy and Mbiwa will be big big players for us, think Haidara is someway off making the impact he will be capable of, so the less obvious one for me.

Think he has a chance to make himself a bit of a legend, low fee, low expectations, seems very happy to be here and ready to take his chances, while being our most attacking signing...got recipe for cult status Le sib style written all over him. Hope so anyway.

Guest hatem garrincha

1- Mapou  :thup: :thup:

2- Debuchy

3- Cissokho Sissoko  :thup:

4- Haidara

5- Gouffran

FYP

Thanks. Sissoko (Cissokho in his dad country)

Morons on twitter say we are panic buying  :idiot2:

How can buying 2 french internationals we have been scouting for god knows how long for well below market value constitute panic buying?

I despair with some people i really do.

but they haven't played on a cold wet wednesday night at stoke how can they be good it must be panic buying  :frantic:

Guest hatem garrincha

How can buying 2 french internationals we have been scouting for god knows how long for well below market value constitute panic buying?

3 french internationals

3 french internationals

This week mate :pow:

I guess in some respects it does look like panic buying, insofar as we've gone out and napalmed the window, leaving everyone in our wake.

The fact we're in free fall, I can totally see how "outsiders" could take that view.

It probably IS panic buying to some degree, we literally CANNOT go down, with the TV money around the corner.

This will be forefront in MA's mind, no question.

It's a case of speculating to accumulate.

It just happens to be that, we're very well structured in the scouting/monitoring department, with 8 or 10 players been tapped up (in the nicest possible way) as any given moment. Further than that, we've done our homework on contracts etc so know the optimum time to strike, to cause maximum damage and get the best deal for ourselves.

We've got our shit well and truly together, where other clubs haven't done any long term planning at all.

We're ahead of the curve and it's nice to see.