New players vs. Pardew

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

The match against Reading is one of many expamples where Newcastle loose points because Pardew makes some clueless tactical changes and/or subs. But with the new arrivals I wonder if he can still fuck this up, or the squad simple is too good?

The match against Reading is one of many expamples where Newcastle loose points because Pardew makes some clueless tactical changes and/or subs. But with the new arrivals I wonder if he can still f*** this up, or the squad simple is too good?

Oh he can still fuck it up :) - i'm just waiting for him to shoe horn Shola/Jonas/Perch or Willo in somewhere - probably turn Willo into a centre forward or some lunacy

I'm all for starting Gouffran,Sissokho and Mbiwa against Villa, no doubt Pards has other wacky ideas though

It's funny because when everyone has been fit I don't remember him shoehorning any of those players in.

Obviously now we have signed a load of players he's definitely more likely to do it.

:anguish:

Haha, in all honesty he probably won't but you never know

Guest mag.net

I think he can and will still mess it up between now and the end of the season. Our survival basically hinges on at least three other teams being worse than us. I don't think we should get rid of him, but I don't think these new players will be as easy a fix as some people would like to hope. They will certainly give the fans and other players a much needed boost, but it doesn't detract from the fact that we've still got a lot of tough teams to play

Guest BrightonMag

Yes, there have been bad subs and tactics, but there's also been quality football away at Arsenal and Man u. One thing that has screwed us massively is defence, and we've hopefully made a big difference to that now. Pardew isn't going anywhere for at least a month, and we have a small transfer-feelgood-window, so let's all try and pull together and not waste it, until we ensure survival.

Oh, and I think we will stay up.

Guest firetotheworks

My pessimistic side thinks that we'll struggle to create but still be much more solid at the back.

My optimistic side has Debuchy exploiting the space that Simpson never utilised and creating chance after chance.