Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

IF we had some pace up front I could see us getting a result of sorts in this game because we could put some pressure on the weakest area of their team.

As it is, I can't see us getting anything although I suspect the m/f battle will now be a lot closer than it would have been before Sissoko was signed.

We need a striker with real pace in order to make the best of our m/f...neither Cisse or Ameobi are blessed with it although Cisse's anticipation off the mark is what makes him damgerous.

... Gouffran?

He doesn't look like Supermac Mk 2 to me...!

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita Cabaye

Gouffran Sissoko Marveaux

Cisse

1-2.

spot on. although the result will be 1-1

I can't see Marveaux or Anita starting, I believe Pardew will stick with Perch and Jonas.

I honestly don't see why Jonas is in the team any more.

Perfect game for Anita and MYM to come in to, Chelsea aren't a physical side and we need more agile players to combat their attacking threat. Formationally, I'd approach this the same way as Reading, using a single DM instead of 2 to pick up who ever they use at AM.

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Colo  Santon

Anita

Sissoko      Cabaye

Gouffran      Cisse      Obertan

I think we can get a result here, 2-2.

Guest icemanblue

They're a good side, it just depends if they show up. I'd be over the moon with a point as it'll help build some more positive momentum.

Counter attack worries me, we're usually unbelievably open to quick counters and Oscar, Moses and Johnny Mata plus whoever is upfront are quick and good manipulators of space and ball.

Yep, we've really struggled against the lesser counter attacking teams. It's a big worry, and my only hope is that the confidence from last night, along with the new lads, can provide a bit of extra cover and positional sense. In this game, an early goal for us might not be such a bad thing. :lol:

Have to say, no matter what feeling we're left with from yesterdays performance, I think the mood within the squad will be lifted.

A bit of momentum, Benitez under pressure. I reckon this is a fairly open affair.

When the football was shit last season, especially in the games leading up to the Norwich win that started the 6 game winning run, things turnede for us after scraping 3 points. That win started the best spell we had all season.

Marveaux definitely out according to Pards, so looks likely we'll see Jonas again, unless there's any sign of Obertan?

I don't mind seeing Jonas against the likes of Chelsea tbh, i'd rather Marv obviously but he has a role to play in games like these.

With that news in mind i would hope to see this....

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Anita

Gouffran Sissoko Jonas

Cisse

think we will see something like this

Cisse

Jonas                Sissoko

Cabaye Anita

Perch

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Krul

Think a no pressure match at home is exactly what we need. We're expected to lose, so that might help us.

If we play like we did 1st half last night, we could score and possibly go on to win as i don't think Chelsea would be mentally up for the fight like Villa were 2nd half.

Need to score first, if they do hopefully they sit back and let us play. We just need to play a bit with the new lads and get some confidence in us.

I'd start Anita here, we need some pace against Ramires. Although, if he's as knackered as he was last night after 2 minutes he might as well not even be called up :lol:

But Chelsea play with Ramires and Lampard, we need classy midfielder who can outpass them with movement.

Cabaye Anita and Sissoko all need to start in the middle.

Play Gouffran and Jonas on each side of Cisse. (Jonas has to play since we have no fucking left-winger or right-winger at the moment with Benny and Marv out.

If we don't score first then were screwed, the team just doesn't have the mentality to fight back, we must score first.

And preferably in the last minute, so we don't have time to sit back and let them back into the game.

Guest neesy111

1st thing is we need to sustain a level of performance for the whole 90 mins, that is what our biggest issue is at the moment.

I went to the Chelsea - Southampton game a couple of weeks back, Ashley Cole, Azpilicueta and Cahill were rubbish, if you pressure the ball coming out of defence they make some awful mistakes. Sideshow bob was the only one who could carry it out in any acceptable manner...

Ramires and oscar faded a lot when southampton started to pressure (and kick) in the second half, we really need to get at them and play high up the pitch, don't think Ba & Torres have that much pace to be scared of.

I would go with the following:

-----------------------Krul---------------------

Debs-----Saylor--------Mapou------Santon

------------------Colo------------------------

--------Cabaye---------Sissoko-----------

Gouffran--------Cisse------------Jonas

Chelsea don't play with much width, nearly always goes inside, hence the 433