Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 09/02/13 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky)

Fenham Mag

Perch will play because Pardew has to absolutely always have at least one player in the team that was as limited as he was.

I'd rather see Perch, who is limited but also reliable and effective, than the current incarnation of Tiote, who is talented but also a liability and useless with the ball.

I must be missing something with Perch. Thought he was our weakest player again yesterday, doesn't do enough in that role out of possession and with it. Particularly noticeable during that spell after half time when Chelsea completely took control.

Acceptable when the team wins, but I don't want us going to Spurs away with him there again - even with a helping hand from Cabaye and Sissoko.

I'd argue that Perch's performance yesterday was up there in "liability" terms with some of Tiote's recent efforts, although by no means as bad as one of Tiote's worst. So many backwards passes as well, often when they weren't even necessary.

Can think of two occasions off the top of my head where he lost the ball in horrific positions, once where he tried to beat a man and got robbed and once where he misplaced a ten-yard pass with his left peg. Fairly certain there were more instances too.

Think it's swings and roundabouts personally, although Tiote obviously has a much higher ceiling in terms of potential.

Guest WashyGeordie

IF we win, depending on the scoreline we could temporarily be as high as 11th (but thats with +4 win), so realistically 12th, and above sunlan'...

Wahey! Crazy what a run of form can do in the league.

Adebayor back for this one then.

Good. He's been very poor this season.

It's lucky we aren't that team that breaks poor teams/players spells then.

They could have a player who scored a hat-trick against us last season playing behind a striker who scored one and set up 4 against us last season. Sweet.

Sorry Fenham, you're a super guy but I gots to keep the place looking swish - and I do undoubtedly have OCD. Not going to attempt to deny that.

I've got OCD too but I prefer to call it CDO....just can't stand the letters not being in alphabetical order.

Guest SuperShola!

Krul,

Debuchy, Taylor, Colo, Santon,

Cabaye Tiote

Jonas Sissoko Gouffran

Cisse,

2-2 draw, Cisse and Cabaye.

Guest bimpy474

Sorry Fenham, you're a super guy but I gots to keep the place looking swish - and I do undoubtedly have OCD. Not going to attempt to deny that.

I've got OCD too but I prefer to call it CDO....just can't stand the letters not being in alphabetical order.

Been waiting long to use that joke ? :lol:

Been waiting long to use that joke ? :lol:

31 days, 10 hours, 31 minutes, 45 seconds.