Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

Guest Open_C

Unbelievable :cheesy:  I was very, very wrong about this based on the demo :lol:

Not sure how many PS3 owners there still are on here, and of the ones we have I'm not sure how many will be interested in it.  But it's obviously a seriously impressive piece of work, anybody with an interest in RPGs should take a look if they're not too hung up on sophisticated combat systems :thup:

I snatched fifteen minutes on it at six this morning, an hour or so before people got home from work this evening and I reckon I'll be up until about two in the morning when everyone's gone to bed (would normally play this sort of thing with the family around, but don't want them to catch me crying if there are any more sad bits :lol:)

Open C in being completely wrong about a game because the demo was shit shocker.

:lol:  Never happened before dude.  This is a genuine first :shifty:

No?  People just sticking with heavy pads that think up-right is the same as just right, like "meh, who's gonna know?".  That's a shame for everyone, then :(

So it occurs to me that I convinced you to give this a second chance. A game that moved you to tears. I did that.

So I'm just gonna say it.

Music Box.

There is something in what you say.  I feel I should point out that although I got rid of 360 castlevania, I have replaced it with the single disc ps3 one which I will, at some stage in my life, crack on with :)

It reminds me a lot of Eternal Sonata, actually.  Graphically very similar (though much better), and the same sort of battlefield although it's a Chrono Trigger style almost-but-not-quite-turn-based thing.  The Pokemon influence is starting to become more apparent now with a couple of familiars in my party.

I went to buy it yesterday but Grainger in Morpeth had ordered a majestic one copy :rolleyes:  Just spent the extra £10 on the digital version, left it downloading overnight and am now playing it with no drive noise or loading delays :)

Great game.  I will lose hours and days of my life to it :lol:

Eternal Sonata is one of the few games I have finished over the last few years, I really enjoyed it (apart from that fort with the moving rooms, that bit was shit).

I should point out that despite the superficial similarities in terms of visuals and music, this has a lovely streak of good natured humour running through it that was pretty much entirely absent from the (as I remember) grimly po-faced Eternal Sonata.  Managed to put it down for the night but I don't think this will disappoint anybody who has even a passing interest in RPGs :)